Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
New/Old Photo
DSC_0474_zps97b03025.jpg

brandoLSX

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time"
Jul 12, 2011
Broomfield, CO
I just realized I never posted any build detail to the transmission. I ended up going with a Pro-Built Automatics Pro Street Kit. This kit came with a ton of new goodies, half of which I don't even know what they do. It had my drilling into random things and customizing some other things. I honestly don't even know how we got it working on the first shot. I also went with a 3200 Stall Precision Industrites Vigilante Torque converter. Let's face it, I just liked the pink color it came in. This build came with all sorts of problems. I had a big local car show I hit every year and wanted it done before then. Well I put it off and put it off until one week before the show. We ripped the trans out Sunday Night the week before, got it torn apart and cleaned up, cleaned up the underside of the car and started making headway. Seemed to have figured everything out and got it assembled until we decided to put the valve body on and we realized it didn't fit right. We ended up finding out that even though my car was a 87, the trans was made in 86 and they switched the shell of the transmission. So somehow I found a local 700R4 trans that was out of a 88 and picked that up, ripped it apart, cleaned it up and starting slapping the parts into this new shell. I needed a bunch random parts and my now friend Ishmael from All Transmission parts somehow had every single one I needed. He was a godsend. Got it all together, slapped her and and miraculously the thing shifted through all gears, made the show and viola, magic.

Thread Info