• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

180* Tstat, CAI, etc. and my car won't get warm

BlownGTP99

Reaction score
what do you guys do in the winter? I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small. the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be. So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back. What do i do??

MrT

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlownGTP99@Dec 6 2005, 06:35 PM
what do you guys do in the winter?  I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small.  the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be.  So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back.  What do i do??
[snapback]106065[/snapback]​
spend 5 bux and 5 mins and put a 195* t-stat in ;) EDIT....where is that thread in how to post the 'degrees' symbol - LOL

S

sr71_rgl

Your 180* stat is prolly dead. I had to replace mine about a month ago cuz it would only get to about 160* and that was when the weather was much warmer. My stat now gets to 180* but obviously a little slower than normal being that it's freaking cold as fock outside now.

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
I have an exahaust leak .. that helps heatup down my engine bay ALOT

Lat november... the car heated up within 5 minutes on the cold days with the 160tstat in

Toasty

Reaction score
Originally posted by MrT+Dec 6 2005, 07:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BlownGTP99
@Dec 6 2005, 06:35 PM
what do you guys do in the winter?  I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small.  the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be.  So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back.  What do i do??
[snapback]106065[/snapback]​
spend 5 bux and 5 mins and put a 195* t-stat in ;) EDIT....where is that thread in how to post the 'degrees' symbol - LOL
[snapback]106072[/snapback]​
[/b]
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

:) :)

milleniumgt

Reaction score
What is the temp reading on the car? My car had the same issue last year. It would read 165* after having been driven for an hour or more. I just opened up the hood quick and grabbed the upper radiator hose and gave it a squeeze, couldn't get the hose to flex so I knew the thermostat was probably stuck. I replaced it and it was nice and toasty. Now this year, it may be doing it again, will have to keep and eye on the temps, they seem a little low for running a stock thermostat. It's probably the dexCRAP, it likes to rape and pillage your cooling system components. It has to ruin everything it touches, and sludge it all up.

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
yeah swap the stat w/ a new 180...i have a 180 and heat is fine....dont forget to turn on the seat lol

BlownGTP99

Reaction score
I know this is a stupid question but I had someone else throw my tstat in for me in the summer when i had my coolant done. Do i have to empty the coolant before I replace the tstat or can i just swap it out?

framos242

Drink the shot, pussy....
Reaction score
Originally posted by BlownGTP99@Dec 7 2005, 09:43 AM
Do i have to empty the coolant before I replace the tstat or can i just swap it out?
[snapback]106156[/snapback]​
You can just swap it out. You may lose just a bit of coolant but just top it off. Oh yeah, don't forget to bleed it.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
Dam ive been having the same problem lately. Car takes for ever to warm up. I'll probably go back to stock for the winter.

phat_ridegt

TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
do it when the car is very cold so you dont lose at much coolant...

BlownGTP99

Reaction score
Hey Rob,
What up bro. I'll have to take you up on that if you don't mind. I think I'll stop at "Autoho" this weekend and then I'll hit you up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom