3800 180* Tstat, CAI, etc. and my car won't get warm

BlownGTP99

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
what do you guys do in the winter? I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small. the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be. So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back. What do i do??

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by BlownGTP99@Dec 6 2005, 06:35 PM
what do you guys do in the winter?  I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small.  the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be.  So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back.  What do i do??
[snapback]106065[/snapback]​
spend 5 bux and 5 mins and put a 195* t-stat in ;) EDIT....where is that thread in how to post the 'degrees' symbol - LOL

S

sr71_rgl

Your 180* stat is prolly dead. I had to replace mine about a month ago cuz it would only get to about 160* and that was when the weather was much warmer. My stat now gets to 180* but obviously a little slower than normal being that it's freaking cold as fock outside now.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by MrT+Dec 6 2005, 07:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-BlownGTP99
@Dec 6 2005, 06:35 PM
what do you guys do in the winter?  I have fresh dexcool in there and a 180* tsat, CAI, DHP, 3.4, exhaust, and probably a few things i forgot to mention but are small.  the only way my car will heat up in this cold is if i leave it running for 25-30 and then it's still not where it should be.  So i have to grandma it all the way to work and back.  What do i do??
[snapback]106065[/snapback]​
spend 5 bux and 5 mins and put a 195* t-stat in ;) EDIT....where is that thread in how to post the 'degrees' symbol - LOL
[snapback]106072[/snapback]​
[/b]

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

:) :)

milleniumgt

Regular
Nov 16, 2008
What is the temp reading on the car? My car had the same issue last year. It would read 165* after having been driven for an hour or more. I just opened up the hood quick and grabbed the upper radiator hose and gave it a squeeze, couldn't get the hose to flex so I knew the thermostat was probably stuck. I replaced it and it was nice and toasty. Now this year, it may be doing it again, will have to keep and eye on the temps, they seem a little low for running a stock thermostat. It's probably the dexCRAP, it likes to rape and pillage your cooling system components. It has to ruin everything it touches, and sludge it all up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info