Would you take out a 10 year loan

• Total voters

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
You need 104 mos in your life
I would do it for the right car…Demon, Alpha GTR, or Ferrari.
What You Gonna Do Comments GIF by Holly Logan

Reactions: Rent Free

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Paid the Rav off a year ago and only had payments for 3 months. Prior to that I had been car payment free for a couple years. I don't plan to have a new car payment any time soon. Fuck loan sharks, and fuck auto manufacturers for making their stuff so out of reach. I refuse to be in situations even remotely close to these.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
In the summer I saw 3.2% on used that’s long gone with mortgages rates
I bought in august. I was pre approved and the lowest rate my CU had climbed a point more in a month. The honored my pre approval at least. Carmax was of course going to beat my rate I had and then laughed and were like “nope were .2 higher than that without even running it”

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
These car payments are ridiculous. We’ve known we needed to get my wife a new car in the 40-50k range for a couple years now and have been saving for it. Figure we’ll be putting at least half down in cash and then doing a 5 year and paying it off as aggressively as possible if rates are that high.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
With the lack of lease deals, no other option but to pay a large payment.

Hopefully leasing will come back around.

Or purchase a vehicle that one can afford. If the dealership has to get creative with getting the loan approved, then that’s a hint maybe you should look at other vehicles that better fit your financial situation.

And to add to basic common sense, does $800, $1k, $1.2k+ a month payment on a vehicle that is used for daily transportation make sense? Especially when the vehicle is depreciating as quick, if not faster, than the owner can pay down the loan?

Referencing the average Joe, Dick and Jane who does not benefit from tax advantages associated with being a business owner.

Thread Info