Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Imo the race director should always make the decision to allow racing to happen if he can, and Thatā€™s what masi did. Having the season end behind a safety car would have sucked, but Mercedesā€™ doesnā€™t care about what fans want, they wanted every decision to cater to the fact that they chose to stay out on old ass tires. Fuck them

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Imo the race director should always make the decision to allow racing to happen if he can, and Thatā€™s what masi did. Having the season end behind a safety car would have sucked, but Mercedesā€™ doesnā€™t care about what fans want, they wanted every decision to cater to the fact that they chose to stay out on old ass tires. Fuck them
Masi uncharacteristically pulled the safety car in early. Take the team names out of it. He also didnā€™t allow the proper unlapping of the cars, only some of them. That was unfair all on its own.

I agree, finishing under the safety car would have been anticlimactic, but itā€™s what should have happened.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
F1-75 revealed a day early:

1645162952584.png

1645162962661.png

1645162974930.png

1645162984619.png

1645162995389.png

1645163012364.png

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Because they knew that the safety car should have been out longer and the race should have finished behind it. But Masi decided to break the rules, not unlap all the cars, and pulled the safety car in early.

They are also throwing in no more direct communication between the team principals and race control.
This.

The race was going to finish under the safety car or max was going to have to fight through traffic, which likely would have netted Lewis the win.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
This.

The race was going to finish under the safety car or max was going to have to fight through traffic, which likely would have netted Lewis the win.
I want to say I head something about Mercedesā€™ and Red Bull agreeing before the race that it shouldnā€™t finish under a safety car

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Bruh. Lewis dominated that race. Max didn't have the pace. Deep down, you know the way that race ended was fucked up.
I'll be honest, I hate how every single call is always in lewis' favor, so I have no sympathy whatsoever that one call allowed for actual racing rather than giving the win to LH under a safety car.

Even in that same race LH cut the entire fucking corner to pass max, got the spot and about a 1 second advantage, and didn't get penalized for it at all. :45 mark in the below vid

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I'll be honest, I hate how every single call is always in lewis' favor, so I have no sympathy whatsoever that one call allowed for actual racing rather than giving the win to LH under a safety car.

Even in that same race LH cut the entire fucking corner to pass max, got the spot and about a 1 second advantage, and didn't get penalized for it at all. :45 mark in the below vid

Oh I remember. I feel most people focus in on Lewis, and complain about things going his way, but it's similar to the way our MSM targets things. They just push the narrative and everyone follows. I think some of the calls against Lewis and against Max were bullshit, and some things just need to be chalked up as racing. But what about where Max brake checked the shit out of Lewis, as everyone and the mother knew he was going to use that speed trap DRS zone advantage if Lewis were to pass ----- which Lewis never got the call that it was going to happen.

Regardless, I'm all for heavy racing and eliminating a lot of the bullshit penalties and calls. We're finally back in an era of racing that isn't decided by pitstop strategy to win a race, we actually saw some good racing last year. This is why I prefer MotoGP, non-stop action. But last year, F1 finally gave us a bit of that, and I'm curious to see how these cars are going to compare to that. On paper, they're supposed to give us even more quality racing as the turbulent air is supposed to be far less.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Oh I remember. I feel most people focus in on Lewis, and complain about things going his way, but it's similar to the way our MSM targets things. They just push the narrative and everyone follows. I think some of the calls against Lewis and against Max were bullshit, and some things just need to be chalked up as racing. But what about where Max brake checked the shit out of Lewis, as everyone and the mother knew he was going to use that speed trap DRS zone advantage if Lewis were to pass ----- which Lewis never got the call that it was going to happen.

Regardless, I'm all for heavy racing and eliminating a lot of the bullshit penalties and calls. We're finally back in an era of racing that isn't decided by pitstop strategy to win a race, we actually saw some good racing last year. This is why I prefer MotoGP, non-stop action. But last year, F1 finally gave us a bit of that, and I'm curious to see how these cars are going to compare to that. On paper, they're supposed to give us even more quality racing as the turbulent air is supposed to be far less.
I agree 100% on motogp being better racing, by far. I hope F1 gets better but seeing Masi get canned for upsetting mercedes doesn't send a great message.

Let's hope the next guy is fair

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I agree 100% on motogp being better racing, by far. I hope F1 gets better but seeing Masi get canned for upsetting mercedes doesn't send a great message.

Let's hope the next guy is fair
Masi was a twat, and looks funny. We need Kimi in that role.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I want to say I head something about Mercedesā€™ and Red Bull agreeing before the race that it shouldnā€™t finish under a safety car
Not just those two. All the teams agreed that they donā€™t want races to end under a yellow. Its been an unwritten rule for a few years now. Also itā€™s not mandatory to unlap the cars either and is not clear weather all the cars must be unlaped or not. In the rules itā€™s all up to the race directors discretion.

I do feel bad for Masi, he was just doing what he could within the rules to have green flag racing finish just like all the teams agreed on. He had a couple minutes to make a decision All while the team principals directly yelling at him demanding whatā€™s best for their team giving him no way to really look at the situation clearly.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Not just those two. All the teams agreed that they donā€™t want races to end under a yellow. Its been an unwritten rule for a few years now. Also itā€™s not mandatory to unlap the cars either and is not clear weather all the cars must be unlaped or not. In the rules itā€™s all up to the race directors discretion.

I do feel bad for Masi, he was just doing what he could within the rules to have green flag racing finish just like all the teams agreed on. He had a couple minutes to make a decision All while the team principals directly yelling at him demanding whatā€™s best for their team giving him no way to really look at the situation clearly.
These seem pretty clear cut:

Safety Car rules
Article 48.12 and Article 48.8 of the F1 Sporting Regulations.

Article 48.12 deals with the situation of having backmarkers unlap themselves.

Initially, Masi had been within his rights to state that ā€˜Lapped Cars will not be allowed to overtakeā€™ - which meant Verstappen would be trapped behind five backmarkers before he could get a run on Hamilton. However, on the penultimate lap, on the run down to Turn 9, Masi sent a message saying that five cars ā€“ Lando Norris, Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon, Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel could unlap themselves.
The decision to only allow some lapped cars to unlap themselves is unusual as Article 48.12 suggests that the message ā€˜LAPPED CARS MAY NOW OVERTAKEā€™ should be sent to all competitors.

The regulation is then explicit about when the race can be restarted.

It states: ā€œUnless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.
ā€œIf the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message "OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be sent to all Competitors via the official messaging system ā€œ
This clause suggests that with the lapped car message having come out on lap 57, then the restart could only come at the end of the ā€˜following lapā€™- so lap 58, which was the end of the race.

Article 48.8 relates to there being no overtaking behind the safety car.

During the restart phase, as Hamilton and Verstappen prepared to begin racing again, it appeared from the onboard that the Red Bull had briefly nudged ahead of the Mercedes.
The rule states: ā€œno driver may overtake another car on the track, including the safety car, until he passes the Line (see Article 5.3 ā€“ which is the safety car line) for the first time after the safety car has returned to the pits.ā€

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info