Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Itā€™s funny, in one of the earlier seasons of DTS, Toto took a shot at Hornerā€™s frequent protests and said his team doesnā€™t operate that way. They ā€œdo all the talking on the trackā€ was the verbiage IIRC.

He learned to protest real quick as soon as his drivers werenā€™t constantly finishing 1-2 with a 20 second gap to 3rd.

Mercedesā€™ protesting that the FIA allowed actual racing to happen is compete bullshit and Iā€™ve lost respect for Toto for not seeing the hypocrisy. Itā€™s your fault Lewis went in to that last lap battle with old ass tires, own it.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
As much as I hate Lewis, they need to start listening to him more. He requested tires a few times this race or asked about coming in. He was told to stay out.

They have made the right tire calls quite a few times this season that worked out big time for them (notably last race) today they missed the mark

It was the correct call if there were no yellow flags.

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
The real thing that happened to Lewis

6B89CE0A-34C3-45F8-BE84-E1341D86A819.jpeg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
This guy has some talent lol

That is great :LOL::LOL:

And hooooooooly fuck. What an end to a season. Once again you could not have written this shit. Even with 10 laps to go Horner sounded like he'd given in to defeat. But christ. I don't think I took one breath during that final lap. Absolutely amazing. Definitely controversial, but I did not wanna see that race end under a safety car. Merc kept it conservative, Red Bull took every chance they got, threw absolutely everything they had on it, and it ended up going their way.

I do kinda agree w/ button's viewpoint of team principles whining to the race director constantly throughout all the races this year. That needs to stop. The teams are there to race, the race director is there to make sure the cars can race and do so SAFELY. He has a job to do and doesnt need Karen's constantly in his ear, especially during situations where there are workers on the track w/ cars going around.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Button is such a fantastic representation of an F1 driver and the voice of reason and logic.

When Vettel retires, Button and him should co-run F1. Bring in Alonso to make it a democratic vote.

All would be recent F1 drivers, currently active in racing in some form, and all are former world champions.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Button is such a fantastic representation of an F1 driver and the voice of reason and logic.

When Vettel retires, Button and him should co-run F1. Bring in Alonso to make it a democratic vote.

All would be recent F1 drivers, currently active in racing in some form, and all are former world champions.

When they were talking about red flags this weekend and teams being allowed to change their tires and how that shouldnt be allowed, Button immediately brought up what the ORIGINAL intent of that regulation was, which I don't think any of the commentators have ever even considered :LOL: which is that originally that was put into place because, if there's a red flag in a race, its probably because there was a crash, so that probably means theres debris on the track, which probably means that some or most of the drivers have driven over it, possibly compromising their tires, so they're allowed to change them for the sake of safety, so that they don't send cars back out on unsafe tires, which could potentially cause another crash and another red flag.

That's why it needs to exist. Now, is that how it's being used today? HELL NO. It's definitely being abused, so while I don't think they should take it away, I do like (I think it was Karun's) compromise where the teams should only be allowed to change for a LIKE compound, so that it doesn't count towards their pit stop, so that if a team hasnt yet made their first stop, they won't get a free 24 second advantage awarded to them and they WILL have to stop again instead.

And then you have people like Rosberg saying that if you go off track they should cut your engine.

steve-harvey-whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Yes, cuz that would be totally fine when they pull back onto track much slower than the car approaching them at 200mph not realizing the car in front of has just been off track and is moving at about half the speed they are. Christ I wish Rosberg would just GO AWAY. You got your championship trophy and then you took your toys and ran home. Stay there please.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
That's why it needs to exist. Now, is that how it's being used today? HELL NO. It's definitely being abused, so while I don't think they should take it away, I do like (I think it was Karun's) compromise where the teams should only be allowed to change for a LIKE compound, so that it doesn't count towards their pit stop, so that if a team hasnt yet made their first stop, they won't get a free 24 second advantage awarded to them and they WILL have to stop again instead.

this seems like an intelligent rule change. Only exception would be in case of rain

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
this seems like an intelligent rule change. Only exception would be in case of rain

True. If the race is red flagged because rain breaks out and someones binned it on their slicks, then yeah. In that scenario I think every team would want to switch on to rain tires so at least when the race restarts everyone would be on equal ground. And if rain were the cause of the red flag then pit stop requirements would be out the window anyways

Reactions: Stink Star

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
This popped up in my YouTube feed. Need to watch the whole thing but it seems like the best breakdown of how an F1 car works that Iā€™ve ever seen.

This is an awesome video, that steering wheel is craaazy. Mad respect for the drivers for being able to manage all that while driving on the limit.

Thread Info