Sports šŸŽļø Official Formula 1 Thread

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I didnā€™t think either were really at fault watching it live. I just watched the replay again, not sure max wouldā€™ve been able to make that corner with the speed he was carrying. But after Lewis took him out at silverstoneā€¦I wouldnā€™t have penalized him.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
We had our big annual inventory at work this weekend, so I was literally there until 10:30 last night, and back in at 7AM this morning, so I had to shotgun FP1, 2, and Quali all one after the other this afternoon when I finally got home. I'm actually glad FP3 got rained out :LOL:

Man I was starting to doubt the weather would have any effect shaking the grid up, but better late than never! But man I was almost on my feet cheering right at the end there! I mean come on

A McLaren, Ferrari, and Williams starting in the top 3? WHAT YEAR IS THIS???

So many people out of place tomorrow for various reasons. Hopefully it will be the spark this dull track needs for a good race tomorrow.

And like the announcers were saying, anyone wanna take any bets on what lap those styrofoam boards will be wiped out?? :LOL: I don't think they'll even make it past lap 1.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
The shitstorm it would create.
giphy.gif

I don't really trust weather.com forecasts, but if this is accurate within 10-20%... Should be a 70% chance of rain during the race. Imagine if both LH and MV finished 11th or lower?
1632627850222.png

Reactions: IDAFC21

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If I were Bottas Iā€™d have made just enough effort to make it look like I was defending against MV and would let him go right on past. Mercedes totally fucked him.

Heartbreaking loss for Lando. That was hard to watch.
You really think they did it to try and keep MV to the back? It would help Hamilton but hurt the team

On lap 6 now

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If I were Bottas Iā€™d have made just enough effort to make it look like I was defending against MV and would let him go right on past. Mercedes totally fucked him.

Heartbreaking loss for Lando. That was hard to watch.
Seems like bottas did exactly what you said here lol. Good for him, fuck Mercedes. Itā€™s a total joke that Toto says they ā€œdonā€™t have a #2 driverā€. Bulllllllshit

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well this was definitely not a boring race!

Fuck, I feel so bad for Lando. For once I was actually rooting against the rain showing up, because I think Lando had a hell of a chance of holding off Lewis if it had stayed dry. And even if he couldnt, P2 would have been such an excellent result. Soon as I saw the rain CHUCKING down I was like fuck that's it, Landos done. God that hurt to watch. Max from last to P2 tho, so we still very much have a championship on our hands!! For that I am thankful for the rain. Bottas got lucky too. W/out the rain he would have finished outside the points

Stink Star

Donā€™t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Well this was definitely not a boring race!

Fuck, I feel so bad for Lando. For once I was actually rooting against the rain showing up, because I think Lando had a hell of a chance of holding off Lewis if it had stayed dry. And even if he couldnt, P2 would have been such an excellent result. Soon as I saw the rain CHUCKING down I was like fuck that's it, Landos done. God that hurt to watch. Max from last to P2 tho, so we still very much have a championship on our hands!! For that I am thankful for the rain. Bottas got lucky too. W/out the rain he would have finished outside the points

only thing about lando is that the team did ask him to pit and he said no. So what happened ultimately lands on his shoulders. I wanted him to win so badly too

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh absolutely, he made the choice, and if it would've worked he would've looked like a hero. But at the time he said no, the rain was still light, and Lando and the announcers said afterwords, why the team didn't know or didn't tell Lando that the rain was going to intensify like Mercedes told Lewis, that's the bigger issue IMO. Lewis also ignored the team when they told him to come in, but after he did that they got back on him and said the rain going to get worse. Lando wasn't operating on that same information. But yeah, ultimately he made the choice either way, which is probably why he's feeling the sting so much worse right now. Props to him tho for actually going up w/ Natalie and the crew and giving an interview afterwards. There was no hiding his disappointment, but he was still quite mature about it. In front of the cameras at least :LOL:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Yeah, at the time it was bascially only sector 2 that was wet. 1 and 3 were prime for slicks, so based on that, nobody wanted to come in. But then the skies just opened up out of nowhere. Some were more prepared for it than others..... I did wanna see Lando win, that wouldve been so awesome, but at the same time, w/out that rain Max would not have wound up 2nd, let alone on the podium at all, so for the championship battle, that was quite excellent

Reactions: Stink Star

Thread Info