🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I could put it in the trailer but really no desire to. Rather keep it in the garage and always have fresh tires at the track
Better to have it and not need it. That’s where I’d just load it up and anchor her down, never know if you’ll need it, or charge guys $20 to do it while you have down time vs the competitors. Recoup your track day costs.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Better to have it and not need it. That’s where I’d just load it up and anchor her down, never know if you’ll need it, or charge guys $20 to do it while you have down time vs the competitors. Recoup your track day costs.
tf. Have you ever done a track day, or changed a motorcycle tire yourself?

You're on the track 20 out of every 60 minutes. The other 40 is spent putting on warmers, checking pressures, catching your breath, going to the bathroom, drinking water, reviewing gopro vid if something abnormal happened, BS'ing with other riders. The whole point of buying one for the garage is so that I don't have to f with tires while i'm focused on riding.

I'm there to ride, not to try and undercut vendors lol

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
tf. Have you ever done a track day, or changed a motorcycle tire yourself?

You're on the track 20 out of every 60 minutes. The other 40 is spent putting on warmers, checking pressures, catching your breath, going to the bathroom, drinking water, reviewing gopro vid if something abnormal happened, BS'ing with other riders. The whole point of buying one for the garage is so that I don't have to f with tires while i'm focused on riding.

I'm there to ride, not to try and undercut vendors lol
No. Didn’t know what kind of downtime you had while there. Obviously, not a lot.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
...and if it's 90° you spend five minutes trying to get the top half of your leathers off, or at least open. Then another five trying to get them back on.
The day I went this year that was 100* at RA I'd get back to the pits, put the warmers on and sit on my ass dead still for 40 mins straight and I was still barely ready to go back out when the time came, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The day I went this year that was 100* at RA I'd get back to the pits, put the warmers on and sit on my ass dead still for 40 mins straight and I was still barely ready to go back out when the time came, lol.
You wear your watch for it? Or throw on a chest strap. Would be interesting to view your HR and cal data.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I remember a couple of ACC full course days (Memorial Day, Labor Day) where I was pouring sweat out of my gloves and boots. I was dunking my head in the cooler of water and ice cubes.

Ordered new helmet pads and tossed the sweat soaked ones right into the trash. No amount of washing was going to save them.

That 90-95° ambient, standing in the pits on 130-140° tarmac, riding a bike with water temp of 200°-220°, sitting above an exhaust (underseat) that’s about 800-900°. Then wrestling 410lbs for 20 minutes.

I PAID TO DO THAT!!! ???

• Haha

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
You wear your watch for it? Or throw on a chest strap. Would be interesting to view your HR and cal data.
I did for the two days in august. A single 20min session had a max HR of 172, avg HR of 145, says 300 cals burned but that's always a guess.

Usually by august you're a little more conditioned for it as well. The first days in may/june are the hard ones lol

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I did for the two days in august. A single 20min session had a max HR of 172, avg HR of 145, says 300 cals burned but that's always a guess.

Usually by august you're a little more conditioned for it as well. The first days in may/june are the hard ones lol
Nice little cardio session for 20 mins on the hour!

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Where do you guys get your tires changed and what do you pay in labor? I'm debating buying a no-mar for my house before this season

I swap rears 2-3x a year and fronts once a year. Used to be $20/tire trackside but now it's like $50/tire so a tire changer would pay for itself pretty quickly, and I'd have fewer headaches having them swapped at the track
Small shop in my town, they charged me like 150 for the pair last time though I should have asked how much first

• Wow
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Had to do it, too good of a deal to pass up

BF5AD815-A2BF-44BF-A1AA-C5C9129500FE.png

Thread Info