🏍️ The Motorcycle Thread

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
1quick 1quick what are the plans for it? Parts for new bikes add up soooo fast, especially with euro 5 ruining the belly pan (which imo is necessary in a sportbike)

Filter
full titanium exhaust
bren tune
CF belly pan

That alone is prob what, $5k?

FB_IMG_1616908180907_1024x.jpg
It has the full exhaust on it, going to do a sprint filter, intake flapper delete, velocity stacks, bren stage 2 tune to get me started, then probably the e85 tune once summer blend is out, tell me more about the belly pan?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
It has the full exhaust on it, going to do a sprint filter, intake flapper delete, velocity stacks, bren stage 2 tune to get me started, then probably the e85 tune once summer blend is out, tell me more about the belly pan?
Factory 2020+ bmw's basically don't have them, lol. Compare this to the last pic I posted

I love the look of a fully belly pan

bmw-s1000rr-black-03.jpg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
49,900 was the sticker, such a bad ass bike, I’m assuming they got rid of the belly pan for the giant cat they put on them
Not bad, worth it IMO, but it would be hard to ride that thing around a track knowing how common it is to crash. And yes euro5 and that giant cat is what killed the belly pan

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
All this motorcycle talk has me itching to go back to the track. Doing anything before May would mean driving to barber though, yikes

knockoff hp4 below

View attachment 142790
I've been getting the itch pretty badly too. I need to decide if I'm going to keep the track bike or not. If I don't sign up for any track days this year, then I'm selling the bike and getting something else, like a Monster that I've talked about for 2+ years. Aside from yourself, I don't know anyone else doing track days. Pretty much why I gave it up.

It's so hard to justify selling it when it is paid for, costs like $20/mo to insure, and has been 100% reliable for me.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Where do you guys get your tires changed and what do you pay in labor? I'm debating buying a no-mar for my house before this season

I swap rears 2-3x a year and fronts once a year. Used to be $20/tire trackside but now it's like $50/tire so a tire changer would pay for itself pretty quickly, and I'd have fewer headaches having them swapped at the track

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
For the track bike, at the track the last few times I've had new rubber put on. Keep in mind I'm running Pilot Power 2CT's on mine, so I can also ride the street. If I do track days I'll need to change them out. Plenty of tread, but they're going on 4-5 years of age. I wouldn't trust them for aggressive track riding.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I've been getting the itch pretty badly too. I need to decide if I'm going to keep the track bike or not. If I don't sign up for any track days this year, then I'm selling the bike and getting something else, like a Monster that I've talked about for 2+ years. Aside from yourself, I don't know anyone else doing track days. Pretty much why I gave it up.

It's so hard to justify selling it when it is paid for, costs like $20/mo to insure, and has been 100% reliable for me.
Yeah I'm lucky I have one buddy that goes with me at least half the time. When he's busy I still go though, it doesn't bother me going alone. I did that for years before anyone else got in to it.

The one thing I learned you can't really do alone is race. Trying to get my buddy up to snuff so we can both race, and recruit someone to help us lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah I'm lucky I have one buddy that goes with me at least half the time. When he's busy I still go though, it doesn't bother me going alone. I did that for years before anyone else got in to it.

The one thing I learned you can't really do alone is race. Trying to get my buddy up to snuff so we can both race, and recruit someone to help us lol.
I could possibly join, but no way I'd be able to hang with you on a 600 with street tires, and being out of it for a few years. I do need new racing boots though. My SIdi Vertigo Corsa boots are done. What is left of the soles is hard as a rock, and my feet slip right off the rearsets. Even walking in them is like being on marbles.

I figured I'd look into ACC and RA, and run Intermediate instead of Advanced. I'd just be impeding riders regardless of my familiarity with the track. I'll probably get taken out by someone that just got moved up from Novice, who's ambition outweighs their skill. That would be my luck. :LOL:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I could possibly join, but no way I'd be able to hang with you on a 600 with street tires, and being out of it for a few years. I do need new racing boots though. My SIdi Vertigo Corsa boots are done. What is left of the soles is hard as a rock, and my feet slip right off the rearsets. Even walking in them is like being on marbles.

I figured I'd look into ACC and RA, and run Intermediate instead of Advanced. I'd just be impeding riders regardless of my familiarity with the track. I'll probably get taken out by someone that just got moved up from Novice, who's ambition outweighs their skill. That would be my luck. :LOL:
I'll let you know when I'm heading to RA this year. I'm sure I'll do 2 days in June and 2 days in Sept, normally STT and motovid have RA events in those months.

Unless I decide to do the CCS race (which is unlikely) you won't see me at acc. I hate that pos track.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Thread Info