TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Dan00Hawk Dan00Hawk

That CLX has to be a whole Lotta fun.
I read it weighs 400 lbs

?✌️?
Closer to 450 lbs, but fun enough for me as an upgrade from my last bike. Kinda similar to a Yamaha Mt07 power & weight but with a few more features (cruise control, slipper clutch, Brembos, self cancelling turn signals) and lower price.

No tuning options out there yet, so I've only done a slipon muffler. Others have gone catless and intake, and I'm hesitant to believe their claims that it's safe and fine.

Reactions: Spivitz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Closer to 450 lbs, but fun enough for me as an upgrade from my last bike. Kinda similar to a Yamaha Mt07 power & weight but with a few more features (cruise control, slipper clutch, Brembos, self cancelling turn signals) and lower price.

No tuning options out there yet, so I've only done a slipon muffler. Others have gone catless and intake, and I'm hesitant to believe their claims that it's safe and fine.
Too bad something like a Power Commander wouldn't work to fatten up the fueling across the board, from like 1500rpm and up. Yeah, it would guess work, and a wideband would be so much better. But at least knowing you can make it richer would make me feel better. But running with just a slip-on I wouldn't be worried in the least.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk
Got the DS6 torn down some, it's overall in great shape. The carbs are completely frozen on it, so cleaning them is priority one.

I snagged a NOS complete gasket kit, I'm debating if I want to pull the head and cylinders off to visibly inspect everything or just run it. I think I should pull it apart and mic the pistons just to verify if they're stock bore or if it's been overbored before. Nobody makes repop pistons for it that I've seen, so I'll have to go the NOS route on eBay. I'm just hoping I can get the cylinders off with the engine in the frame still.

IMG_6746.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Picked up a broke down pit bike just got it running decent today, swapped front sprockets on my klx for better wheelie action took that out for a ride, then busted out the bmw and putted around the neighborhood roads still damp but I needed to hear it, that auto shifter is so damn smooth lol picture of new turd pit bike

C586B40F-34DB-4501-AA6A-F5D43F0F33A4.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Went for a short ride today, actually rolled into it in a few gears, glad I left anti wheelie on this thing is a unit, it’s going to take some work to keep the front down for the half mile and drag racing, comes up in 4th with the wheelie control almost maxed out, i need to find my dragy for some runs before I mod it more so I can compare

711B556D-A5D7-4C71-97E0-7BDD4C151F0B.jpeg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
can't remember if I've swooned over these in here before but i want one sooooo baaaaaad. $6k computer, $3k in suspension, $2k cf bodywork, $3k exhaust, all put together in a new bike and set up for $31k.

It's crazy the difference in the trackbike market in the US vs europe. Look on the FS pages in europe and you'll find 20 properly set up ducatis and BMW's in 5 minutes, scrub the US market and you won't find shit except beat up r6's and r1's. It's not just due to the country of origin either, it's a much much much bigger sport over there

• Love
Reactions: BS ISF and Spivitz

Thread Info