• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

just picked up a 99 camaro ss conv

T

The Beast

Over the summer I sold my 97 lt1 ss and I kind of miss it. Well a few weeks ago I picked up a 1999 camaro ss conv which needed lots of TLC interior and exterior but engine wise it was perfect runs like new. I have owned many fbodys and never owned a conv. I will tell you guys this the ls1 is a big difference from the lt1 which are both bone stock. Here are some crappy phone pics enjoy.

Wheather is crappy in chicago so I have not taken good pics. So far the only mods are a k&n filter and lid and billitt grill and ss emblem and shorty antenna. All i have left to due is install 15% window tint which my buddy tints profesionally so it's just a matter of taking it in.

2266712260103164881S600x600Q85.jpg

2373539480103164881S600x600Q85.jpg

2057841080103164881S600x600Q85.jpg

T

The Beast

how many Camaro's can a guy have really? :)

Thats my second camaro ss. I have had a ton of fbodys and the 97 ss was sold in the summer. I know i'm nuts I still have the Firehawk also in the garage.

Nice car! I would love to have one

Next question is:
Auto or Manual?

Thanks believe me it did not look like that when I bought it. The ss was really beat up exterior wise and interior wise. The guy who owned it before I don't think knows what wax is or armorall or leather cleaner and conditoner. All he did was really take car of the motor, trans and suspension maintance it runs perfect.

Auto and it's bone stock. i really think it's a freak cause it pulls really hard thru each gear compared to my old lt1 ss. This is just going to be my cruiser just to get grocerys.

Car looks really sharp :bigthumb:

What can I say I love fbodys.

T

The Beast

when i had a lt1 still when i got my ls1, it was huge difference in power right from the start, the lt1 had a few simple bolt ons, but it still felt so much slower compared to stock ls1.

I can't believe the difference it's alot quicker and it's a heavier ss since it's a vert.

Twin turbo build... GO
I would due my Firehawk before I did the ss. Right now the hawk has H/C and gear and 100 shot thats plenty.

Nice buy :bigthumb: I'm a huge fan of that color. Looks real purty when shined up.

I always liked the navy blue metallic on the camaros only.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
when i had a lt1 still when i got my ls1, it was huge difference in power right from the start, the lt1 had a few simple bolt ons, but it still felt so much slower compared to stock ls1.
The lt1 felt faster at low speeds but the ls1 just wakes up up top. Ls1 was half a second faster too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info