Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > Auto News Today

User Tag List

Like Tree164Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 01:26 PM   #101
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
The Raptors are not exactly easy to come by. But one dearler I know was able to get 6 Raptors and only 2 GT500. I bet that is kind of the norm. I just did a quick search. Hard to find it on a quick google search. 2013 GT500 was 4.885. 2012 Raptor was 13,785. Yes, different year but I don't have the time to be searching for the info. Maybe someone else can get the 2013 Raptor numbers. Carter know them off hand?





Easier to package them and proven.

I'd rather have a raptor on my lot to retail over a gt500. The raptors sell way way faster and for more money
__________________
send me a pm if you are wanting to buy a new ford or a pre driven vehicle
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #102
 
rz79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,586
Casino cash: $11184090
1.02 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Jay View Post
This.

A v8 ecoboost would be fucking sweet for HD trucks also... for people not wanting diesels... which there probably isn't a market for butfuckem
Run that mo'fucka backwards like a scorpion motor!

< just a half baked idea >
Yaj Yak likes this.
__________________
Im good at making money, im even better at spending it...
rz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #103
Harbor Master
 
Yaj Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 84,307
Casino cash: $107902000
19.64 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz79 View Post
Run that mo'fucka backwards like a scorpion motor!

< just a half baked idea >
__________________
01 525i
01 turbo pricks
13 gas 3500hd cclb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
TCG: We pull vanity fair models in our F150ís because Teslaís are unsafe.
Yaj Yak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #104
 
rz79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,586
Casino cash: $11184090
1.02 per day
Default

OOOPS ... I meant to quote your figment issue comment. Damn kids distracting me from my forum comments!
rz79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #105
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,639
Casino cash: $45081040
2.86 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5.0FACE View Post
: pratt:

I paid a grand under MSRP OTD for my truck. Dealers jack the price up BECAUSE Shelby. No one knows wtf an SVT vehicle is. Everyone knows Shelby and they will pay a higher price because brand. Same way people will pay a premium for Oakley's. Or Rolex. Or Louis Vitton(?). It's a brand. And Ford milked it because they knew people would pay it.
SVT was a big brand, but Ford kind of let it die. Car guys (target market) know SVT and Ford could sell a shit ton of 2016 Cobras without the Shelby name as there is a fan base all the way back to the 1990's.
Yaj Yak, greasy, Eagle and 1 others like this.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #106
 
Tight Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Burbs
Posts: 1,553
Casino cash: $23791500
0.83 per day
Default

@ZXMustang. My uncle was the unfortunate soul who purchased a 2007 Shelby. He did pay an adm when he purchased too. At the time he was told that the 2007 was going to be a one year car......now 2014 there were 8 more years manufactured. I feel bad for him but nothing you can do now. It is what it is when Ford rekindled their relationship with Shelby. I am a proud owner of one, however I wouldn't have paid an adm for one just because they think they deserve it for being a Shelby.
Yaj Yak, Eagle and TCG Member 5219 like this.
__________________
2014 Shelby GT500


Fuck Photobucket
Tight Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #107
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,707
Casino cash: $68562076
3.03 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I'd rather have a raptor on my lot to retail over a gt500. The raptors sell way way faster and for more money
Why? Because no one wants to pay over sticker for a Shelby? Where as you can sell a Raptor for more profit?
Pressure Ratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #108
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.45 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight Lines View Post
@ZXMustang. My uncle was the unfortunate soul who purchased a 2007 Shelby. He did pay an adm when he purchased too. At the time he was told that the 2007 was going to be a one year car......now 2014 there were 8 more years manufactured. I feel bad for him but nothing you can do now. It is what it is when Ford rekindled their relationship with Shelby. I am a proud owner of one, however I wouldn't have paid an adm for one just because they think they deserve it for being a Shelby.
Exactly my point. I too owned one, a 2009 GT500 bought new. I tried to get an 07 but again they were huge money. So I bought 07 corvette instead. Then FF to end of 2009 when the 2010 GT500 redesign came out. I was able to get my brand new 09 that was on the lot for 4 months, for invoice because they needed their allocation for a 2010. Thats been the only way I would have gotten one because the next gen one bumped it down. Same way people like Dan are getting them for invoice now.
Tight Lines likes this.
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #109
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressure Ratio View Post
Why? Because no one wants to pay over sticker for a Shelby? Where as you can sell a Raptor for more profit?

Shelby's just sit since there are so many options and color combos and I don't understand why they sit. Raptors sell really fast and I get atleast a customer day looking for one. Since 2007 to present year I have not had to discount a gt500 a whole lot of money and we have been sold out for months now.
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #110
Forum Sponsor
 
The Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,343
Casino cash: $24765800
2.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
Exactly my point. I too owned one, a 2009 GT500 bought new. I tried to get an 07 but again they were huge money. So I bought 07 corvette instead. Then FF to end of 2009 when the 2010 GT500 redesign came out. I was able to get my brand new 09 that was on the lot for 4 months, for invoice because they needed their allocation for a 2010. Thats been the only way I would have gotten one because the next gen one bumped it down. Same way people like Dan are getting them for invoice now.

Some dealers today still want over sticker for a gt500 which is crazy. Never understood why u would sit on the car for so long trying to get over sticker if they can get it
The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #111
 
TCG Member 5219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,450
Casino cash: $51139698
2.45 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Some dealers today still want over sticker for a gt500 which is crazy. Never understood why u would sit on the car for so long trying to get over sticker if they can get it
You and me both. As a consumer, I would like to feel like I got a good deal. And at this point with the market what its been, getting one for sticker would feel like a good deal. Anything under that would be awesome. Hence when I went looking for a 13 in 13. I was looking for an 820 car with almost no options. Sticker should have been around $55k. I had a $38k trade, and with the tax credit it should have been a decent deal. But no it was $55k +$15k almost everywhere I went. The best I found was $5k over and that place was trying to steal my trade. Chevy was happy to accommodate me and my trade and got $50k from me later that day. That was a mistake too btw..... But I get bad buyers impulses. What can I say?
TCG Member 5219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #112
 
Tight Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Burbs
Posts: 1,553
Casino cash: $23791500
0.83 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Shelby's just sit since there are so many options and color combos and I don't understand why they sit. Raptors sell really fast and I get atleast a customer day looking for one. Since 2007 to present year I have not had to discount a gt500 a whole lot of money and we have been sold out for months now.
I would say that a larger percentage who buy the Raptor will use it more as DD vs only having a Shelby as summer car. People will have to have a third car in that scenario. I know some who DD their Shelby's but I think the Raptor is more practical vehichle.
Tight Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #113
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 28,489
Casino cash: $10721400
8.87 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight Lines View Post
I would say that a larger percentage who buy the Raptor will use it more as DD vs only having a Shelby as summer car. People will have to have a third car in that scenario. I know some who DD their Shelby's but I think the Raptor is more practical vehichle.
I was contemplating a GT500 vs Raptor when I was looking. Exactly what you just said is what swung me towards the Raptor. DD, still versatile, I can drive it 365 days a year, and it's still an awesome vehicle. As well as I've just wanted one for fucking ever.
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:11 PM   #114
TCGs Far Right Leader
 
Chester Copperpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shithole, IL
Posts: 28,489
Casino cash: $10721400
8.87 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
SVT was a big brand, but Ford kind of let it die. Car guys (target market) know SVT and Ford could sell a shit ton of 2016 Cobras without the Shelby name as there is a fan base all the way back to the 1990's.
But that was my point. Car guys know SVT. Everyone knows Shelby. Where is the money? In the name everyone knows. "Oh it's a Shelby. Looks like Money. Looks like class. Yes I'll pay more for a Mustang with a different badge."

in4another5pagesofbickeringoveraname
Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #115
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,620
Casino cash: $43702799
4.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Jay View Post
just because performance-wise it wasn't doing anything "better" (quicker/faster/stickier etc)... it is a better car all around though IMO... better interior & ergonomics... better features... no irs... etc etc.

you can't compare cars based merely off of performance specs imo
It's not like they engineered another platform for the GT500. The 2005 mustang GT already had all of those better part compared to the 2004 GT and the Cobra and GT500 were based of those platforms. If anything the IRS would add more to the cost since it was not offered on the lower models where the GT500 had the same suspension set up as the GT.
__________________
DSR
R.I.P. Ramon
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #116
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,620
Casino cash: $43702799
4.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
It boasts stats to put a ZR1 down, and at 40k less. How is that a problem?
Lol, wut????
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #117
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,639
Casino cash: $45081040
2.86 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT5.0FACE View Post
But that was my point. Car guys know SVT. Everyone knows Shelby. Where is the money? In the name everyone knows. "Oh it's a Shelby. Looks like Money. Looks like class. Yes I'll pay more for a Mustang with a different badge."

in4another5pagesofbickeringoveraname
Ford had no problems selling high performance cars though under the SVT name. For example, Ford sold 13,476 03 Cobra compared to 10,846 2007 Shelby GT500's.

I do think that the Shelby badge does draw in baby boomers who couldn't afford one in the 60's, but the next Gen Stang is designed for a different demographic.
jason05gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:39 PM   #118
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 12,917
Casino cash: $40263895
2.76 per day
Default

As a diehard mustang fan, even I can I am completely sick of the Shelby shit. Bring the Cobra back and give the people what they want.

There would be a LOT higher demand for a 2016 SVT Cobra over another run of the mill price gouged GT500.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:47 PM   #119
And doggone it, people like me.
 
Jean Ralphio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 16,768
Casino cash: $35137580
4.27 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Pipe View Post
Lol, wut????
zr1 killer breh

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #120
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,620
Casino cash: $43702799
4.16 per day
Default

Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:10 PM   #121
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,419
Casino cash: $169107200
15.56 per day
Default

contender* just sayin. And I know for a fact I can beat a ZR1 to say 800WHP dollar for dollar.
__________________
2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 CCLB
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2004 VW New Beetle 2.0
2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
2018 Skidoo Renegade Backcountry X 850
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #122
Bru
Super Moderator
 
Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36,553
Casino cash: $2147483647
8.51 per day
Default

Without a doubt. But the ZR1 is 500 pounds lighter.
__________________


How to Embed YouTube Videos:
http://tcguploads.com/files/2/TCG_CS...Tube_embed.jpg

Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #123
 
Mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Elgin
Posts: 156,523
Casino cash: $50372000
36.45 per day
Default

Dunno why you're so focused on HP numbers....they arent everything....
__________________
- TCG Owner & Operator -
We're in the Google Play and iOS App stores!

Mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #124
 
Pressure Ratio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 14,707
Casino cash: $68562076
3.03 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook View Post
Dunno why you're so focused on HP numbers....they arent everything....
Did a Supra owner really just say that?













I had to! But yes, that is correct. Weight is a huge factor in strait line acceleration, braking and handling.
Mook likes this.
Pressure Ratio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #125
Bru
Super Moderator
 
Bru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 36,553
Casino cash: $2147483647
8.51 per day
Default

500 pounds is a half second, if you follow the 1/10th per 100 pound figure, which I'm not sure has any credibility.
Eagle likes this.
Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts