Who has filed with BBB?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Puts me over budget. The quote/picture that includes all the cabinets was in our budget. I was under the impression our kitchen would be done for X amount of dollars. Now it's XYZ dollars.

Had I known this I wouldn't have bought. False advertising

Then tell them that, say they misrepresented the product and you failed to check what you received, so now you want to return it outside the normal window

You're just as responsible for this as they are, arguably more so. Personally I'd take the discount and thank them for it

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Then tell them that, say they misrepresented the product and you failed to check what you received, so now you want to return it outside the normal window

You're just as responsible for this as they are, arguably more so

How would I have checked what I gotten? I'd be going off a list that was missing 2 items. So naturally, yes I got everything. It took my contractor to look at the shitty drawing to say "hey, there's 2 items missing and their not even listed"

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just see no way you win anything here. You wanted 22 cabinets, they quoted 20 cabinets, you didn't catch the list only showed 20 cabinets, you paid for 20 cabinets.

Again, Id just take the discounted cabinet prices and give them a bad review or something. It's definitely not going to be something you win in court or anything.

They could care less if the BBB calls them, they'll simply say his pick list showed 20 cabinets, out people shipped 20 cabinets, he was charged for 20 cabinets.

I mean realistically you're $500 "over" budget with these two cabinets? Still better than the quote being $750 more two years ago when they put together the list of cabinets.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I agree. I just feel I need to be better compensated cause in the end they are getting more of my money than I agreed on

According to the price sheet you agreed to 20 cabinets and paid for 20 cabinets. Should've caught it before then (live and learn), but then the quote would have just gone up even more,

Drawing doesn't mean shit to them. The drawing is for whoever is installing the kitchen so they can see the layout.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
They like your signature?

I guess all I'm saying is you're going to pay for them anyway, just take the discount and don't give yourself an ulcer over it. :bowrofl:

Im sure there is some fine print somewhere on the stuff you signed as well.... Honestly, like was already mentioned this is how those places make their money.... "Sorry sir, your printed price list only involved 20 cabinets, we'll get you the others at a discount for our mistake..."

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Oh I've never heard of that before, but I'm putting it in my review. Then it will click with people and they'll be like holyshit I'm def not going here

Id order and get my cabinets and inspect them to be in good condition before putting them on blast myself.

After I have good cabinets though Id post everywhere.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
1 step away from filing against my cabinet company. Long story short, they totally screwed up my order and basically sold us an incomplete set that they messed up on the order sheet and now want us to pay for the additional cabinets that WERE included in the signed sketch, but were never ordered cause they never made it to the list.

They also sent me one wrong color cabinet, which they are fixing. Also, they neglected to contact me about items that were on back order and ended up shipping those items back to warehouse.

All that I want out of it is the 2 cabinets that were never ordered. They insist I pay for them, and even gloated about regional manager 'NEVER' giving out a free cabinet. Well too bad.

So anyone ever file? any insight on it?
Haven't read the entire thread yet, but I have against UPS. The gist of it was that they tried delivering a package and it stated on the form that I can request to pick up after 5pm. No problem, I did request it and after 5 I headed over there. Took about an hour and I asked for my package. Keep in mind that this package had a stipulation on the label to send back after attempted delivery in which I would never be able to get that package again.

When I was there, they said that the driver wasn't back yet and he should be shortly. So I waited. And waited. And waited. I asked about it again and they told me he tried making a 2nd attempt, even though I requested to pick it up after 5 like the notification asked.

I left and was almost late to work. I contacted corporate and complained about the situation. Guy was cool and all and he said their system didn't show for a pickup. I told I made the request and I still want to make that request. That way I know for sure I will get that package. He put it in his syste. For pickup. Next morning I headed another hour back to UPS. Right before turning in, my dad calls me up asking if I'm expecting a package. -_- Really? They still tried delivering it after I made a request for pickup? I contacted the corporate guy again and he agreed it's in the system for pickup and shouldn't have been on the truck. He apologized and that was that. I was pissed. More so for making me run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I contacted BBB, filed a complaint, and requested that I receive something for my time and gas wasted plus an apology for putting up with that crap.

A few days later, I got a check for $50 and a formal apology from a higher up.

I have another story about a complaint against Chase with the Attorney Generals office and the outcome if you want to hear that. The BBB just gives a company a grade. That's it. Nothing has to be done to rectify a situation. But the Attorney General's office has the authority to do something. Just a heads up.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
bbb helped me complaining against incomm a bit, a financial institution with more places to complain to (i complained to all) - it was somewhat useful, although that was probably because the decision maker at incomm also had a relationship with the bbb.

i've skimmed this thread and it seems like the company is shady and seems to have pulled a fast one on you but not one you caught nor necessarily have a leg to stand on? if that's the case i think i'd groan and eat the cost and bitch everywhere i could like a normal person about shady practices as a warning. if clearly more wronged i'd get a gas can and my matches ready. or if as wronged as i was by incomm i would be pulling out the nuclear codes

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
:h5:

My contractor said usually when you get counters they give you a sink but I will let you know. Appreciate it.

Company is Cabinets To Go.

We were looking at cabinets at Menards when a rando told us to go there, that he had installed 4 sets of their cabinets and they were really good. Guess the fuck not.

Should have went to Closets, Closets, Closets, Closets.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
https://giphy.com/gifs/tim-curry-the-grinch-home-alone-2-11An11gvroUkiQ

tim-curry-the-grinch-home-alone-2-11An11gvroUkiQ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info