Who has filed with BBB?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
:h5:

My contractor said usually when you get counters they give you a sink but I will let you know. Appreciate it.

Company is Cabinets To Go.

We were looking at cabinets at Menards when a rando told us to go there, that he had installed 4 sets of their cabinets and they were really good. Guess the fuck not.

If these are kitchen or bathroom cabinets, I would never use Menards. Bang for the buck, I think Menards is fine if it won't be used very often. I'm just assuming here, but you probably ended up with much better quality cabinets than what Menards carries.

But, if you have a contract that specifically shows the sizes, quantities, and details of cabinets you ordered and payed for, it's cut and dry. They would be immediately ruled against in court. I guarantee they know this. However, depending on how much money you are talking about, it may not be worth your while to take them to court. If that's the case, I'd pay a lawyer to send them a letter to "scare" them. About the only other thing you can do is leave huge amounts of negative reviews on yelp, google, facebook, angies list, etc. Then post the link here and get us all to leave bad reviews as well.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
But, if you have a contract that specifically shows the sizes, quantities, and details of cabinets you ordered and payed for, it's cut and dry.

I think this is where things are weird. He's basing it off the pictures they had of the complete kitchen, but I don't think the two missing cabinets are listed in the breakdown if I'm understanding him correctly.

If that's the case, itll be him saying "I based the quote off the pictures, and them saying we base it off the spec sheet.."

Dunno if he'll get anywhere with that.

At this point I would probably just try to get them to eat some of the cost, order the two cabinets and be done with it.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The BBB was being sued for "pay for rating" type stuff. Not sure what happened with that though.

I have read online where they stepped in to mediate things that worked out well for the customer. One was a warranty denial on a car motor. They got the thing warrantied by Ford. I guess they do have some kind of mediation between certain manufacturers and bigger businesses. But no one I know has ever had the BBB help them.

I know my company had one complaint in the 19 years I have been here. One complaint since the company has been in business. We kept getting letters and emails from the BBB but they never responded to us concerning the case. They guy bought a radiator and said it leaked. The manufacturer sent a replacement before they even got the original one back. The leak was not from the radiator but the petcock he provided and bought somewhere else. A while later he made a warranty claim again. Sent the manufacturer pictures and you can see again it was the petcock. The threaded portion was clearly cracked. So he filed against us with the BBB. He never contacted us. All his communication was with the manufacturer. And all avoidable if he would just replace the petcock with another one and installed it properly. Ends up you can see the complaint on our page on the BBB site. It shows now responses or anything. Just shows it as a closed case. Waste of our time trying to even deal with the BBB as they never responded to us. haha

Good luck. Hope it all works out for you in the end. I know a buddy who posts on here just filed with the BBB for a problem with a drywall guy. Let's see if he posts up.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

So their parts list/order sheet shows 20 cabinets, with 20 prices and thats the total you paid?

If so, sounds like you're SOL.

Again, id take the deeply discounted price on the other two cabinets and call it a draw. You based it off a picture, they based it off a pick sheet, the pick sheet cost is what you paid that spelled out the twenty cabinets, I'm betting they would win in court.

Wish you would've caught it before signing and paying, you could've likely gotten them included at that time.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
We had an issue with hail repair a few years back; and what we did was:

Negative Review on every single site we good (Facebook, Yelp, Google, Etc).
Opened BBB Case.

They dealt with the complaint under the condition that we pulled the reviews. We did that;, they addressed the complaint, and then we anonymously re-did all the negative reviews again for good measure.

I had an issue with Comcast for illegal/predatory business practices and I opened FCC, FTC, and BBB cases against them to get their attention.

They addressed my issue in the end (Refunded me charges I did not authorize), and its also now a class-action lawsuit.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So you never paid for the 2 cabinets now you want them for free? I don't understand that. A misunderstanding of a photo doesn't mean they owe you a bunch of free stuff IMO

They miscommunicated, and they're offering significant discounts as a result. Had they not miscommunicated, you'd have paid full price for these cabinets last year. Where's the loss on your end?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
They would win in court then, and have no obligation to supply the remaining 2 cabinets.

It sucks, I know. I see this a lot. Companies will pull things like this to get the "low bid". And then change order you to death. I used to lose a lot of bids to places like this. At least you are fighting it though. Companies like this need to die.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
So you never paid for the 2 cabinets now you want them for free? I don't understand that. A misunderstanding of a photo doesn't mean they owe you a bunch of free stuff IMO

They miscommunicated, and they're offering significant discounts as a result. Had they not miscommunicated, you'd have paid full price for these cabinets last year. Where's the loss on your end?

Puts me over budget. The quote/picture that includes all the cabinets was in our budget. I was under the impression our kitchen would be done for X amount of dollars. Now it's XYZ dollars.

Had I known this I wouldn't have bought. False advertising

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
The other falldown here is you never checked to confirm you got what you wanted until months later. Again, not their fault

No it isn't. An item is on back order. You generally don't get a time frame. It comes in when it comes in... I could have waited 2 years for them to call me, which is what's supposed to happen. It's their job to contact me.

Also, time is not an issue here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info