Who has driven/owns a HD ram with the 6.4 gasser?

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
I asked the same question on a 6.2 ford Facebook group that I'm in. The nutswingers were almost as bad as the hemi forum. Reasons to not get a 6.4:

1. Ram's break all the time.
2. Ford'superduty hold their value twice as well.
3. The 6.2l is a beast.
4. The 6.2l can pull 25k lbs on a flat surface.

I cannot make this stuff up.

i have my ram 1500 crew cab with the hemi 5.7 for 5 years now.bought brand new.50,000 miles and no problems with the truck at all.had one issue with a 150 part covered by warranty.i tow my 3600 pound mustang on my 1700 pound trailer with no issues.gets decent gas mileage towing.plenty of room inside.i have the 5.7 box.just replaced my first set of tires and brakes.other than regular oil changes very low cost maintenance.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
LS1GTO actually has a LOT of awesome tech info. Not even just about the car but for the engines and transmissions too. The tech sub forum was amazing when I had my car. Tuning that thing was cake with the amount of info shared as well as sharing the info with everyone else. Once they got bought during that huge car forum buying surge, it went to shit. I look at S197forum and now the Challengertalk forum and I can't even find a simple fucking "best street" lowering spring or ANY info on the stock 20x9 wheel in regards to back spacing or offset. A bunch of old fucking geezers throwing money at shops to install their "custom" vinyl and Hurst pistol grip shifters.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
i have my ram 1500 crew cab with the hemi 5.7 for 5 years now.bought brand new.50,000 miles and no problems with the truck at all.had one issue with a 150 part covered by warranty.i tow my 3600 pound mustang on my 1700 pound trailer with no issues.gets decent gas mileage towing.plenty of room inside.i have the 5.7 box.just replaced my first set of tires and brakes.other than regular oil changes very low cost maintenance.

From what I've seen, they seem like great vehicles. I have 2 close friends with them. One hasn't had any problems other than rust starting. The other had a ujoint replaced under warranty at over 100k miles.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
LS1GTO actually has a LOT of awesome tech info. Not even just about the car but for the engines and transmissions too. The tech sub forum was amazing when I had my car. Tuning that thing was cake with the amount of info shared as well as sharing the info with everyone else. Once they got bought during that huge car forum buying surge, it went to shit. I look at S197forum and now the Challengertalk forum and I can't even find a simple fucking "best street" lowering spring or ANY info on the stock 20x9 wheel in regards to back spacing or offset. A bunch of old fucking geezers throwing money at shops to install their "custom" vinyl and Hurst pistol grip shifters.

Yeah but take away tech.... and anything since the buy.... it's all fpfq shit

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I got banned from that place. I was trying to sell some gto parts. Didn't post much, but I finally got the 100 posts I needed to be able to make an ad in the classified section. I made the ad, and it was up for a day or two. Then some jackass mod came along and decided that all my posts weren't legit and deleted about 70% of them. So I got in a fight over that with him and was banned.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Other than LS1tech all of the forums I used to frequent were the same. Camaro5 was the worst of all. Corvette Forum had some blind swing and old fucks wanting to vinyl wrap everything but also had some decent tech and a decent sized group of knowledgeable drag racers.

From what I've seen, they seem like great vehicles. I have 2 close friends with them. One hasn't had any problems other than rust starting. The other had a ujoint replaced under warranty at over 100k miles.

I've had my 1500 for over a year and have put 31,000 on it. So far the biggest issue has been the rear defroster went out. The dealer is replacing the entire rear glass under warranty. Fit and finish and build quality has been great. The trans has been flawless, albeit I have the 8 speed and that was the main reason I bought a Ram. I always loved the looks over a chevy or ford and also had been impressed with the hemi hp ratings. Once they put the zf 8 speed in I was sold and have no complaints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info