Where do you guys get your jeans from?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
You guys have luck with Levi's? They've been complete and udder shit for me. They fit great but the last 6 pairs I've bought fucking belt loops tear off within a week or 2. The corner of the back pockets rip within 2 months. Every pair is made in a different country.

I've been contemplating Wrangler but I'm a Jew and hate buying clothes so have just dealt with having only 2 pairs of jeans with broken belt loops.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So Duluth makes better pants you think? Link me!

I love my Carhartt pants.

Cargo Pants for Men, Work Pants and Carpenter Pants - Duluth Trading

I wear the Duluth FireHose work pants for work, they're basically indestructible so far. DuluthFlex FireHose have some spandex woven in as well that gives the material a little stretch when you crouch or things like that. Both have the crotch gusset though so you're fine with either.

My next purchase might be a pair of their fleece lined versions to see how they stand up to the cold.

I don't know if you're a pocket carry kinda guy, but the pockets in these things are HUGE, I checked my G26 for the hell of it and it dropped in no problem.

Outside of work I wear the Ballroom DuluthFlex Jeans. Same concept, they weave a little spandex into the material and it gives it some stretch. So far they've been great pants.

All my work and outside shirts were lol Carhartt as well and I've been slowly switching over to their longtail T from Duluth, much thicker material, more "heavy duty" than the Carhrtts I've been using. Plus a longer tail so no plumbers crack is nice for the coworkers.

And while people think they're way overpriced, buck naked underwear are worth their weight in gold. :bowrofl:

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Cargo Pants for Men, Work Pants and Carpenter Pants - Duluth Trading

I wear the Duluth FireHose work pants for work, they're basically indestructible so far. DuluthFlex FireHose have some spandex woven in as well that gives the material a little stretch when you crouch or things like that. Both have the crotch gusset though so you're fine with either.

My next purchase might be a pair of their fleece lined versions to see how they stand up to the cold.

I don't know if you're a pocket carry kinda guy, but the pockets in these things are HUGE, I checked my G26 for the hell of it and it dropped in no problem.

Outside of work I wear the Ballroom DuluthFlex Jeans. Same concept, they weave a little spandex into the material and it gives it some stretch. So far they've been great pants.

All my work and outside shirts were lol Carhartt as well and I've been slowly switching over to their longtail T from Duluth, much thicker material, more "heavy duty" than the Carhrtts I've been using. Plus a longer tail so no plumbers crack is nice for the coworkers.

And while people think they're way overpriced, buck naked underwear are worth their weight in gold. :bowrofl:
What's the difference between the firehose and ballroom?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What's the difference between the firehose and ballroom?

Ballroom jeans are that, denim jeans....

FireHose are their work pants and are literally made out of the same material they use for firehoses.

DuluthFlex is when they add spandex to either version to give the material some stretch when crouching.

I believe all pants still have the crotch gusset to give you some more room.

My work pants are the straight FireHose versions, with like 8,000 reviews...

I tried the DuluthFlex Carpenter version and didn't like them as much as the plain cargo FireHose version.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I ordered the ballroom with flex. Hope they are ok. I didn't see the other on the website. I'll see what happens when they get here

Oh the firehose have the pockets on the side. Good thing I didn't get those....for some reason my wife hate carpenter style jeans. Said she would leave me lol

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I ordered the ballroom with flex. Hope they are ok. I didn't see the other on the website. I'll see what happens when they get here

Oh the firehose have the pockets on the side. Good thing I didn't get those....for some reason my wife hate carpenter style jeans. Said she would leave me lol

They're more cargo than carpenter, but the come in handy at work for sure.

If you want just traditional looking pants, do a search on the site for 5 pocket, and it'll bring up their regular pants offerings. It's your usual two on the ass, two on the front, then the small pocket inside the right front pocket.

They make them in both FireHose and fleece lined FireHose, but give the regular ones a try first, it just sounds like you're planning on beating the hell outta them so I would've suggested trying FireHose ones first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info