Where do you guys get your jeans from?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I used to buy Levi's but have recently switched to Duluth ballroom jeans and their firehose carpenter pants.

The pro's

Super comfy
Easy to squat
I've abused these jeans and no signs of wear/tear

the con's

the firehose brand pants hold every fuzzy and hair (dog mainly) so not so great to wear out where you need to be presentable.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Used to get Gap jeans but they were thin like paper and would always rip at the back pocket.

About 10 years ago I switched to Express jeans and they fit me perfect, are stylish, and wear like iron. They have a little bit of stretch too so they are super comfy even on the motorcycle. Only downside is they are $80-120 a pair depending on the style. I buy super dark jeans and by the time they lighten up enough to look stupid it's about 4-5years.

Would love to get Levi's but they just don't fit me correctly. Unless somebody knows a style they have that fits guys with larger thighs but isn't a 48" fatass

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
There is a place gordmans by my house. I got 2 pair and they fit like shit after a wash. The wife went there and got me a pair for $20 that stretch and I love them. She is the only person that can buy me better clothes than I can get for myself. She only got me one pair though. Hopefully she can find more, but I want something more streamline in case this place closes up.
Also I took everyone's advice and ordered 2 pair of Duluth trading jeans. Free shipping and 20% off. Still $94 but if they fit like everyone else says it will be worth it. I will be sure to update when they show up. If I get a month out of them it will be worth it haha
Now I need a pair of shoes that don't shit the bed after 2-3 months. Literally every 3 months I have to buy new ones.

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
Perry Ellis. Found a pair at TJ Maxx for $13 that were super comfortable and soft a few years ago and have stuck with them ever since. They fit me really well and they're pretty stylish. I hit up the Perry Ellis store in the Aurora outlet mall and they're usually $20-25 a pair.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
There is a place gordmans by my house. I got 2 pair and they fit like shit after a wash. The wife went there and got me a pair for $20 that stretch and I love them. She is the only person that can buy me better clothes than I can get for myself. She only got me one pair though. Hopefully she can find more, but I want something more streamline in case this place closes up.
Also I took everyone's advice and ordered 2 pair of Duluth trading jeans. Free shipping and 20% off. Still $94 but if they fit like everyone else says it will be worth it. I will be sure to update when they show up. If I get a month out of them it will be worth it haha
Now I need a pair of shoes that don't shit the bed after 2-3 months. Literally every 3 months I have to buy new ones.

If they're for work you should have gotten the fire hose pants..... Still love the jeans so you should be good to go.

I just got their 20% off order in the mail.... likely going to skip it this time around since I just blew a ton there last week. Haha

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Old Navy is junk. I also had a random split once wearing a pair. Last time I ever went truly cheap.

Most of my everyday pairs are Nautica. Good fit, good wear, and good price when on sale.

I also have a few pair of 'premium' tailored jeans I wear occasionally, some Seven for all Mankind and some John Varvatos. Not cheap, but comfortable and look/ fit great.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I used to only wear Levis when I was on my feet non-stop 55-70 hrs a week. The quality seemed to have dropped off to the point they would only last after a dozen wear/wash cycles so I tried Wrangler, Old Navy, Gap, etc. Pure garbage, maybe 5 wear/wash cycles before a random tear or fray.

Bass Pro Shop jeans seem to hold up a little better but they don't fit right in the junk area. I'm going for the Duluth next thanks to TCG

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
wait for levi's sale.

i just bought four pairs for $95 before tax with free shipping.

= 23.94 a pair. :fyws: and they hold up to a lot.

All I wear anymore is Levi's slim straight or slims. I bought 4 pairs when you posted that crazy deal then proceeded to lose 40 pounds and now none of them really fit in the waist.

The other thing I do with jeans, that might be gross but I picked it up from some shoe forum I was on one time... I never wash them, pretty much ever. If they are visibly dirty I wash them in cold water and air dry but that's it. I wash my work pants weekly though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info