There's your $15 an Hour

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Surprised no one has mentioned the $13/hour minimum wage going into effect for all of Cook county soon. I wonder if they are preparing to cut staff. $13 is going to squeeze already struggling small biz retailers. It's not drastically increasing, $1/year starting in June, but still a nearly $5 bump from the current rate by 2020.

Sounds like some of the towns and villages in Cook are opting out of the increases of minimum wage and the sick time ordnances. I know Arlington opted out of both, and Wheeling opted out of the sick time.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
The problem with minimum wage is not everybody is created equal. It's crazy for me to think of a 15yr old making $13/hr doing the same thing I did at that age. Cost of living for a 15yr old certainly hasn't gone up that much in 20 years.

I see the cost of goods going way up at some point. Small businesses won't be able to survive at the cost of stuff now if they have to pay that minimum wage.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
:Rofl:

Government imposes new minimum wage, sub governed entities opt out.

I'm slightly surprised they could opt-out. A village like Arlington Hts, you could say falls in the upper-middle class bracket, could probably absorb the increase and just pass it off to the resident consumer. I bet they are trying to prevent small biz from moving out of the village and over the border to Lake county, same deal with Wheeling, where it will remain $8.25. Small businesses are the fabric of this nation, we're not only taxing them to death, we're now rewarding stagnation and laziness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info