Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If its a car offered to the public, its a production car. Something that is maybe limited to 100, 1000 or 10...it would then be a LIMITED production car.

The characteristics of a production vehicle or production car are mass-produced identical models, offered for sale to the public, and able to be legally driven on public roads (street legal).

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Ok since we are being very specific.

Find a "limited or non limited Production" car that is in the same class as the Tesla that can put up those numbers from the factory.

basically 4 door car, seats 4-5 comfortably, with a trunk, etc. non super car

M5, Porsche Panamera, S6, etc. will all stomp a Model S....around a road course.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Because you are getting this performance from a family 4 door car that is still priced in the area of a high end BMW and Mercedes. It is not priced in the LaFerrari category or even a Huracan Level. Because you can silently get some groceries, and at a stop light ruin even the most expensive Naperville supercar at the next stoplight.

i don't discount that it's a good car, it's a fast car, and that it's cool.

i just look at the above scenario though and say who cares? so what if i beat a lambo with my pumpkin spice from a stoplight? how many times am i going to do that? am i going to tell myself i'd rather have the model s than the lambo? cuz i lie to myself about going to the gym but i don't think i'd buy that one. i'm not a drag racer but the pride you can take in being one would be your wrenching and your launching skills, neither of which seem to even matter much for one of these cars. so i look at this scenario as great... but also who cares.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
The Tesla is super fast for what it is, and how much money it is...but again, its a trade off. At, call it $100k, the interior finish and ride are no where comparable to say an S550 or A8.

Don't get me wrong...I'd probably drop the cash and buy one if I didn't have four kids, but you are making trade offs for what you get.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Factory Production cars? Many many many cars that can destroy the Tesla in every performance aspect?

Please provide the list. It must be a production car. The LaFerrari is not, The Ford GT is not, the 918 is not, The P1 is not.

I will await the list of factory cars you can go out and purchase today that will beat it in every category.

Oh..... and thats not a super or hyper car that can seat 5 people, with a trunk and has 4 doors that you can drive to and from chicago every single day in traffic

I think you're stretching a bit man.

Is the Tesla a great bargain for a family sedan that can go 0-100 fast? Sure is. For the price point, I can also argue you can get a CTS-V sedan fully loaded and modified to run a helluva lot faster, seat 5 and have bells whistles to tickle your balls all day if you'd like.

Comparing a car meant for commuting and every day driving vs. cars that are designed specifically for one thing to prove a point is moot.

No one is saying the Tesla is slow. But, saying it is super fast and only multi-million dollar hyper cars (BTW name one PRODUCTION hypercar please) can compete is naive to me.

I get it, you love Tesla's.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I think you're stretching a bit man.

Is the Tesla a great bargain for a family sedan that can go 0-100 fast? Sure is. For the price point, I can also argue you can get a CTS-V sedan fully loaded and modified to run a helluva lot faster, seat 5 and have bells whistles to tickle your balls all day if you'd like.

Comparing a car meant for commuting and every day driving vs. cars that are designed specifically for one thing to prove a point is moot.

No one is saying the Tesla is slow. But, saying it is super fast and only multi-million dollar hyper cars (BTW name one PRODUCTION hypercar please) can compete is naive to me.

I get it, you love Tesla's.

Yes I love Tesla's But you cannot use the modified CTS-V as an example. Your original post said you could get a list of many factory cars that would destroy it in every aspect.

That means the way they roll off the factory line.

I was simply saying if there is a list. Its very very small, not many as you stated.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Yes I love Tesla's But you cannot use the modified CTS-V as an example. Your original post said you could get a list of many factory cars that would destroy it in every aspect.

That means the way they roll off the factory line.

I was simply saying if there is a list. Its very very small, not many as you stated.

Good point.

Despite the list being small, there are cars that will still outperform it.

But, comparing it to a Hyper car is like comparing a V6 Mustang to a ZR1. Completely different leagues.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
Because you are getting this performance from a family 4 door car that is still priced in the area of a high end BMW and Mercedes. It is not priced in the LaFerrari category or even a Huracan Level. Because you can silently get some groceries, and at a stop light ruin even the most expensive Naperville supercar at the next stoplight.

and AWD for winter!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Hey jackholes. Who cares if they're mass produced? You're comparing a goddamned 5 person electric sedan with a LaFerrari. The fact that the two cars can even appear in the same sentence together says all that needs to be said. You don't need to argue semantics for it to be impressive. Anyone that doesn't think that's cool is a) stupid (ask Toddler Mike K) and b) won't have their mind changed no matter how much you argue about whether or not the cars are mass produced or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info