Sold a used car, now the new owner wants their money back

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Contrary to everyone's belief... I don't really sell that many cars annually lol. I've never had an issue/ received a letter or any complaint for titling too many.

It wasn't meant to be a stab, its me being legit curious, I DID get a notice from the state years ago when I was buying/selling quite a few back in 2006/2007, when I lived out in Ottawa, saying something along the lines of that I've purchased 4, one more is the limit without a dealers license.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
It wasn't meant to be a stab, its me being legit curious, I DID get a notice from the state years ago when I was buying/selling quite a few back in 2006/2007, when I lived out in Ottawa, saying something along the lines of that I've purchased 4, one more is the limit without a dealers license.

Didn't take it as a stab lol. I'd say I hover right around that 4-5 number annually. 80% of the other cars I sell I'm usually selling for someone, so, they don't get titled under my name. I stay plenty busy working on word of mouth helping people who have contacted me. If I have something that I take on trade for something I had registered and I have no intention of keeping it I'll usually just float title to the next owner. It's very rare nowadays I actually search out a vehicle to buy and resell.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Didn't take it as a stab lol. I'd say I hover right around that 4-5 number annually. 80% of the other cars I sell I'm usually selling for someone, so, they don't get titled under my name. I stay plenty busy working on word of mouth helping people who have contacted me. If I have something that I take on trade for something I had registered and I have no intention of keeping it I'll usually just float title to the next owner. It's very rare nowadays I actually search out a vehicle to buy and resell.

Ditto on that I don't actually search out vehicles anymore, the last few I did just kinda fell into my lap. I'm too busy with work to really care or spend time doing that anyways anymore.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If I see a good deal I'll buy it, mostly just for something to take up some of my free time tinkering with it in the garage, it's nice to mess with something for a little while and not have it cost you money like when in building something for myself, on the down side it seems like there are a bunch of dumb assholes out there that think because you say there are no issues with the car that it's a brand new car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info