Sold a used car, now the new owner wants their money back

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
yeah i already blocked them, just frustrated, my wife is scared to shit and im stuck at work until 5am

Give her access code to safe and send them this
wrong_house_3-150x150.jpg

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Tell their broke, tax return rich asses get fucked right after you tell that Canadian to shove a bottle of maple syrup up his ass. An aunt Jimima enima. Maybe they're scammers? They might have found the original add, seen what you paid and feel entitled to some of their money back.

Btw you fuckin scammer, did you sell this website too cuz it's been breaking down a lot lately.:rofl:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
the check engine light might have came on but they have been driving it for a week, I think finding the original sale probably chapped there ass but what they dont realize is i have probably more into the car than I sold it to them for, since i wanted to do the right thing and fix everything on it before I got rid of it

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
the check engine light might have came on but they have been driving it for a week, I think finding the original sale probably chapped there ass but what they dont realize is i have probably more into the car than I sold it to them for, since i wanted to do the right thing and fix everything on it before I got rid of it

Profit is seen as dirty and evil nowadays.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Damn... If this is the norm, I need to get money back because an axle shaft broke on my Jeep two months after I got it...

Tell them, Sold as is, get fucked and pound sand. Also tell them that if they try anything, they won't need to worry about getting money back but someone will have to worry about paying for their funerals...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
If it didnt break down on their way home, 0% chance I'm going to give a fuck. ESPECIALLY a used car that costs next to nothing. If I just sold you a 5 year old car with 50k miles on it for $18k, id have some sympathy and make it right. The threats are empty, no one is going to do anything. Its shitty someone is going to threaten you and your family though.

I bought a civic on here from a member a couple years ago. Ate the head gasket and radiator two weeks after I bought it. Wasn't upset, it just happens. If I couldn't catch it on a test drive, looking the car over, or within the first two days of owning it, its my problem to deal with. Ended up selling the car on here to another member, with the the problems, for what I paid for the car in the first place :bowrofl:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
over the summer i sold a taurus that i had bought to fix/flip.

did a bunch of little stuff to it, ended up selling it to some 17 year old kid(mom and dad bought it for him). it was seriously one of the easiest sales ive ever dealt with. we even had a couple beers while pops looked the car over. they were local to me. so i told them if they ever need anything feel free to call me and ill try to help them out anyway i can.

3 WEEKS LATER.... dad calls me saying there is a trans leak and asks if i can come check it out. so i do, and verify it is leaking. tell em, lets get it to my shop and ill toss a trans input shaft seal in it, and it owuld be about $350-400 for me to do.

that wasnt good enough.. dad called me back later that day saying that he felt like i fucked him and i should do the repair for free. hahah, NOPE. GO FUCK YOURSELF.

he must have been buddies with a kane county sheriff.. cuz now this cocksucker shows up to my shop DEMANDING that i make it right. and by make it right, they want their $$$$ back!!!! and proceeds to tell me if i dont comply that he has witnesses that i forged a title and bill of sale. and also jumped the title(which i did, sure, guilty)..

i felt it was easier to just give those fuckers their money back at that point than to be harassed by the cops and possibly face charges.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
[MENTION=79]bikrboy128[/MENTION]

You remember that fucking taurus from years ago?

I bought a taurus off a hilrod friend of mine, drove it problem free for a year and sold it.

Apparently a pair of vice grips were holding some part of the Heatercore and the transmission detonated a month after they bought it from me and it wound up at his shop.

They bought it for there kid I remember, so god only knows what he did to it... But I remembered he PMed me with "I have your vice grips" or something to that point :bowrofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
[MENTION=79]bikrboy128[/MENTION]

You remember that fucking taurus from years ago?

I bought a taurus off a hilrod friend of mine, drove it problem free for a year and sold it.

Apparently a pair of vice grips were holding some part of the Heatercore and the transmission detonated a month after they bought it from me and it wound up at his shop.

They bought it for there kid I remember, so god only knows what he did to it... But I remembered he PMed me with "I have your vice grips" or something to that point :bowrofl:

i do remember that piece of shit car. a few days after they bought the thing it made a big mess on my shop floor. plus it didnt have any heat (heater core being blocked with vise grips). me or the customer never asked for and money back though, i just called you out publicly for being a shady piece of shit, in hopes another member wouldn't make the mistake of buying a car from you. :mamoru:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i do remember that piece of shit car. a few days after they bought the thing it made a big mess on my shop floor. plus it didnt have any heat (heater core being blocked with vise grips). me or the customer never asked for and money back though, i just called you out publicly for being a shady piece of shit, in hopes another member wouldn't make the mistake of buying a car from you. :mamoru:

Heater core was Hilrods fault, still don't know what the hell they did to make the trans puke though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info