Solar eclipse 2017 (8/21/17)

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I tried to investigate the best I could, and all the reports I read said level 14 minimum.
So I have my helmet, old cutting goggles, level 5 sunglasses, and a level 8 replacement lens.
I tested today with the sunglasses and helmet and could stare at the sun without tearing up or seeing spots.

I'll probably end up not even looking, I'm planning to make a video, so I'll be looking at the screen.

I did stop by or call all the library's a few weeks ago and none of them had the special glasses.
So at this point stacking helmet lens is probably the only way to find something level 14 plus???

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I wish I could find a def answer to the stacking filter thing. We have shade 5 goggles with a shade 10 filter stacked. Sun looks the same as when viewing it with my buddies solar glasses, except welding goggles have a green tint. But I read the stacking filters doesn't stop the IR rays properly. Honestly the main goal is the totality part which you don't need the glasses anyways.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
logo.png

Welder's Glass #14
One of the most widely available filters for safe solar viewing is shade number 14 welder's glass, which can be obtained from welding supply outlets. The transmittance curve of a glass SN14 filter is shown in Figure 2 (below). The shade number is derived from the luminous transmittance of the filter, a property that takes into account how bright human vision would perceive the world through the filter. If SN14 filter is not available, it is possible to combine lower shade numbers to get roughly the same level of eye protection from solar radiation, e.g. combining SN 6 and SN 8 filters. However the image quality may be considerably poorer than that seen through the single SN14 filter.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Been in Nashville since Saturday. This entire town is getting buttfucked with people. I've been staying with my sister and her husband and they are saying even with the CMA fest and the NHL finals at the same time, this eclipse is wayyyyyyy busier. I can tell you everywhere I've gone to eat that the wait has been 1hr plus

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Radio was mentioning Craigslist ads where folks are looking for a partner to mate and conceive a child during the eclipse.

Example:

When totality occurs, we will have simultaneous orgasms and we will conceive a child. ... We will make love together, with me and my penis directed towards the sun.

Everything will be aligned in the local universe. Both of our cosmic orgasmic energy will be aligned with the planets.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Went to track a package from FedEx

Total Solar Eclipse 2017

Last updated: August 18, 2017

FedEx is closely monitoring potential effects of the total solar eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Our first priority is the safety and well-being of our team members, and we will implement contingency plans as necessary. Events of this nature often cause pickup and delivery delays and disruptions for FedEx customers. FedEx is prepared to provide service to the best of its ability.

For more information on the total solar eclipse, visit the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. For more information on traffic conditions, visit the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration.

Note that potential service disruptions may not affect FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight, FedEx Office, etc. the same. This may result in different levels of impact as well as cities, states and ZIP Codes serviced.

Continue to check fedex.com for service updates. For specific shipment status information, please track your shipment at fedex.com. You can also contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 or stay up to date by subscribing to FedEx Service Alert email notifications at the FedEx Email Subscription Center.

Wtf is the solar eclipse going to do?

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Just scored some free glasses from a coworker. I'll do the 89% eclipse and watch the rerun of the total online.

SO HEY HOW ABOUT WE GET SET UP FOR THE 2024 ECLIPSE SINCE YOU FUCKS IGNORED ME A YEAR AND A HALF AGO? 7 YEARS SHOULD BE ENOUGH PLANNING

Got lost and invited on an amazing farm. They are feeding us the best food ever. Perfect place for pictures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info