So anyone got any automotive plans for 2017?

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Yeah, I'm under extended warranty...and I'm just waiting for the PDU or turbos to go. Did they quote you a price for the PDU if it wasn't under warranty?

No, but I had to fight them to get it fixed. They said they put it on a lift and all four wheels tuned, and I had to go back to the dealership and take the tech for a ride and smoke the shit out of the front tires before he'd believe me. Once they properly diagnosed it, they fixed it next day, no questions asked, and it's the revised part that isn't supposed to fail again.

From what I gathered on the interwebz, it's about $2,000-$2,500 to replace it, and it's a dealer only part.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Thinking widen the rear wheels to a 10.5" so I can stuff 305s back there. Mickey Thompson Street Comps, 275 front, 305 rear.

Lowering it probably an inch but I've hard lowering it throw alignments way out and none of the factory parts have any adjustability so I'd be looking at another $700+ for adjustable control arms front and rear.

Was looking at Barton's short shifter but I have zero issues with the stock shifter (worlds better than Ford's MT82 garbage).

Or say fuck all that and go FI. Don't know yet.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Looking to sell my camaro this spring. See how work goes and if I have time for another toy car (vette) or just order a raptor.

I like the Raptors numbers but I won't like the exhaust tone. Just read a big article in car and driver on the new one. Seems better in every way. Hopefully an open intake will allow the turbos to drown out that gross v6 note.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'd like to focus on appearance this year and try to get the paint in as good as shape as possible. Maybe try another garage polish and if it doesn't turn out better (I learned a lot the first time) then take it to a pro.

And also have the wheels stripped, polished and coated for easy maintenance. They're bare aluminum now.

Most of all, drive it. I sucked last year at putting miles on the TA.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Thinking widen the rear wheels to a 10.5" so I can stuff 305s back there. Mickey Thompson Street Comps, 275 front, 305 rear.

Lowering it probably an inch but I've hard lowering it throw alignments way out and none of the factory parts have any adjustability so I'd be looking at another $700+ for adjustable control arms front and rear.

Was looking at Barton's short shifter but I have zero issues with the stock shifter (worlds better than Ford's MT82 garbage).

Or say fuck all that and go FI. Don't know yet.

Does MGW make a shifter for your car? I was more than impressed with their quality.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
get mustang buttoned up. I've been so lazy with that turd.

and install lift and tires in the truck. lift might be soon tires will be spring. also want to look into powdercoating the stock wheels.

otherwise this is the year of clearing debt for me so only minor shit if OT funds allow

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My 4l60 is fucked so swap in a TH400 and finish up the nitrous install. I hope to do hard tire in spring.

I'm planning on buying a new ATV this summer so maybe the car will take a while. I still will need a little bit of suspension and a rear end before I can set it on kill.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I've actually thought about that mak kit, has anybody put a stock driver side manifold off a 14 on a s550 would be the cheapest option I could throw together a set of connection pipes with some mandrel bends and a couple flanges, I would think cat deletes would get me 30+ whp on my set up

A lot of guys did the $200 Jegs cat deletes on the 2011-14 cars. It was so cheap and showed great gains. The MAK will be the same. Sucks that it is so much more money compared to the 2011-14 cars. I think you would leave a little torque and hp behind with the MAK kit. But are you really going to miss it with the blower? Probably not. Headers are expensive. I bought the cheapest set up out there and was glad I did. They fit really well and saved me a bunch of money. They are the JBA titanium coated headers. If you decide to go with headers be sure to contact me first. I may have some info for you. :bigthumb:

Boss 302 intake is going on soon, and I'll be selling my 28" slicks and getting a set of 26's, and also kicking around the idea of a little bit of nitrous, since I'm not really into replacing the oil pump gears so I can run a blower, first world problems, I guess.

Really want to do a tune and downpipes on my MKT too, but don't want warranty issues, so I guess that will have to wait.

My dilemma as well

The tunes do not cause issues like they originally did in 2011-12. The tunes are very safe nowadays. And the dealer has to prove the issue is caused by an aftermarket part. Which is very hard to do. But when you modify a car and have something being warrantied, it can cause headaches or problems. So it is always something to think about for sure.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
havent really thought about what this year may bring yet.

Maybe finally throw a tune on the ST? :rofl:

GTO - Just keep it running I guess. I did good w/ it last year, got the brakes done, fixed a bunch of other little nagging issues, this year I guess i'll just fix whatever breaks. Theres always something leaking out of this damn car.

jbigalow

Help!
Apr 9, 2008
[MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] this "magic" tune better solve issue otherwise LS :gtfo2:

- Tune car with voodoo magic ( Deans )
- Rear end needs to be built ( Waiting on James to weld up tubes....)
- AC!!!!
- New exhaust. must get rid of the annoying before axle dumps
- Clutch cable needs to be fixed. solution, get a new bell housing or trans
- new Rims & tires

I'm so glad that all J Bigalow's car needs is tuning it the rest of the way.... And making a new housing for the rear end that is not warped.

Kevin's car is finishing the gear support and getting him to a Dyno...that way he can go ahead and park it and let it sit for another 6 years

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
[MENTION=53]Turbocharged400sbc[/MENTION] this "magic" tune better solve issue otherwise LS :gtfo2:

- Tune car with voodoo magic ( Deans )
- Rear end needs to be built ( Waiting on James to weld up tubes....)
- AC!!!!
- New exhaust. must get rid of the annoying before axle dumps
- Clutch cable needs to be fixed. solution, get a new bell housing or trans
- new Rims & tires

What size exhaust are you going with?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info