So anyone got any automotive plans for 2017?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I'd want to actually feel like I am making progress, that might mean finishing up the rust repair and moving onto another stage....

ya after more thought on this might be the more realistic plan this year.

match+and+a+gas+can.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
ya after more thought on this might be the more realistic plan this year.

match+and+a+gas+can.jpg
This is why my plans started with getting it out on the road and not bodywork/paint. I'd rather enjoy it with some rust then get pissed with it trying to replace quarter panels and whatnot. I will fix my core support soon though.

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
So many projects...

I bought a new house and that's a project on it's own.

For the car scene, the GT500 needs a new rear end and an exhaust. Apparently making 150+ passes in a summer is a bad thing for a Mustang rear end. :dunno: That'll probably happen this summer. I also bought a Foxbody and a 2016 Coyote motor. I'm targeting to be done with that car in 2018, so it should realistically be done in 2025 if I really push it...
house

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
ok, so many ideas, so little time. ALWAYS an ever changing, never happy, must go faster and get more car parts.

#1 is brakes for me.
#2 tires
#3 fuel system ideas tossing around--> don't like my setup. So I'll stick with these for this year. Reality? It'll sit and only just get driven for fun. This winter was a few little things.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have no plans yet. Which is unlike me. I think I am in the frame of mind of selling the GT and getting a different project.

Stickier tires for sure.

Maybe long tubes? Not sure about the $/hp value on that.

If you can install them yourself they are worth it for sure. Even if you go with one of the less costly options. Add in labor to install them and it starts to get expensive for the power you get. If the price of the headers and/or install are a put-off, get the MAK converter delete pipes installed. They are reasonably priced and have nice gains.

After 2yrs car is finally done, i just want to get out to meet some of you gheys

Whaaaa? :jg:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I have no plans yet. Which is unlike me. I think I am in the frame of mind of selling the GT and getting a different project.

If you can install them yourself they are worth it for sure. Even if you go with one of the less costly options. Add in labor to install them and it starts to get expensive for the power you get. If the price of the headers and/or install are a put-off, get the MAK converter delete pipes installed. They are reasonably priced and have nice gains.

Whaaaa? :jg:

I've actually thought about that mak kit, has anybody put a stock driver side manifold off a 14 on a s550 would be the cheapest option I could throw together a set of connection pipes with some mandrel bends and a couple flanges, I would think cat deletes would get me 30+ whp on my set up

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Just get my heap on the road again will make me happy.

Funds for the T56 are still not there yet, but should be if all goes well. We'll see how much the tax return is.

I'm so glad that all J Bigalow's car needs is tuning it the rest of the way.... And making a new housing for the rear end that is not warped.

Kevin's car is finishing the gear support and getting him to a Dyno...that way he can go ahead and park it and let it sit for another 6 years

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I'm so glad that all J Bigalow's car needs is tuning it the rest of the way.... And making a new housing for the rear end that is not warped.

Kevin's car is finishing the gear support and getting him to a Dyno...that way he can go ahead and park it and let it sit for another 6 years

Yeah, the tuning is going to be a steep learning curve for me, I'm hoping the tune they sent based on all my specs will at least get it up and running then I can track down and fine tune from there.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Girlfriend's car needs rear brakes and some body work. Nothing too drastic, and I'm not looking for show quality or anything, just trying to get the deeper scratches done before the rust gets worse. Needs a good once over with some polish and maybe rubbing compound for some scuffs.

The Flex is still up in the air...big brake kit off the 2013+ SHO PP is likely going to be done (direct bolt on...$300 all in with new pads, rotors, calipers, and brackets...there's rumors you can even reuse the existing calipers)...still debating on whether to do the master cylinder too. Debating 3 BAR MAP and Livernois tune...car is plenty quick for me as is, but the stories I hear from tuned guys...hard to resist.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Boss 302 intake is going on soon, and I'll be selling my 28" slicks and getting a set of 26's, and also kicking around the idea of a little bit of nitrous, since I'm not really into replacing the oil pump gears so I can run a blower, first world problems, I guess.

Really want to do a tune and downpipes on my MKT too, but don't want warranty issues, so I guess that will have to wait.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info