Smug's car audio build thread. Dis gonna be good

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I did two competitions back in 04 one sq and one db drags they were smaller shows maybe only 10 cars per class, my old regal took first at db drags and 2nd in sq but the set up was nowhere near as high tech, I'd just unplug my amp for the highs at the db drags the car did 143db with two 10's it was all diamond audio, and a box I built each sub had a 500watt amp and the highs ran off a 600x4

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
also [MENTION=98]smug[/MENTION] where do you even find all this stuff?!

I first heard about Audison and Hertz a couple years ago when I worked at that shop way up north. You can't eve buy this shit online, you have to go to a authorized store like ABT electronics or I have a shop in Valpo that I buy through.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
That looks amazing, I wish I had patience for that stuff! I plan on doing a nice setup on the next car. Done right unlike the mess I've had to deal with on this car that the previous owner ran all wrong.

I have also since quieted down my exhaust (the turbo helps too) and invested in some better sound. It can still get rowdy (electric cut out) but I've only used it twice.

smug

TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Little update here. Hard part is pretty much done and the car is back together.

The sub box is just a cheap pre fab box that does the job right now and it just over 1 cu foot. A while ago I ordered a box that is made for the Accord coupe and I sent in the specs for the sub to the company. As soon as I got the box I knew it was to small but the company would not do anything about it. I was not very happy about that and the sub performed poorly in the expensive box I ordered. I am going to just make one myself so I know it is right.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
this isn't amateur hour, you need this sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjLXpFbX0I

Little update here. Hard part is pretty much done and the car is back together.

The sub box is just a cheap pre fab box that does the job right now and it just over 1 cu foot. A while ago I ordered a box that is made for the Accord coupe and I sent in the specs for the sub to the company. As soon as I got the box I knew it was to small but the company would not do anything about it. I was not very happy about that and the sub performed poorly in the expensive box I ordered. I am going to just make one myself so I know it is right.

Thread Info