From the opposite end

48xeHr4.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
The snow removal crew was plowing around 11pm last night through about 2am.

At the last homeowners meeting, the guy from ACRES was there. He touched on concerns brought up by the home owners. The Reverse "beep" is an OSHA regulation and they can't get around it.
They normally dispatch their crews towards the end of the weather event.
The bobcat driver drivers forward, drops the plow and drags the snow back into the common area.

I purposely shovel all the snow forward so that they do not have to be within 3 feet of my truck.

They have been plowing @ 2, 3 and 4am in years past... I think this is just the nature of the beast living in a TH.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I don't know about BobCat's and their hydraulics, but on my plow, I can control the speed at which mine drops by adjusting a valve on the motor. Obviously to be quiet it drops slower, but perhaps you could ask them if they can adjust something like that. I also installed "Shoes" on the moldboard, so they cushion the drop too. However hitting curbs is somewhat unavoidable.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I don't know about BobCat's and their hydraulics, but on my plow, I can control the speed at which mine drops by adjusting a valve on the motor. Obviously to be quiet it drops slower, but perhaps you could ask them if they can adjust something like that. I also installed "Shoes" on the moldboard, so they cushion the drop too. However hitting curbs is somewhat unavoidable.

Variable speed depending on operator input and float when you're pushing.

I max that valve out, fuckin' free fall, helps to knock snow off the moldboard and fun in traffic when someone isn't paying attention at a green light.

I pull the shoes off my plows immediately, don't get a good scrape with them.

Only driveway that gets them is [MENTION=11447]Nate[/MENTION]'s because its gravel.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Correct lol. I constantly spray my shit down with FluidFilm or WD so that I'm not motherfucking them mid storm.

I WD40'd the shit out of them now... :D

To add further insult, that cotter pin thingy they use, of course rotated into the direction of the mouldboard, so I couldn't just pull it out. I had to break the shoes free, to rotate them and then bang that pin out... :D

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
That sucks Mike.

We deal with the same problem and the past two nights, like clockwork, they were plowing and slamming the plows against everything they could from about 1AM-3AM. I am a very light sleeping and wake up if my wife moves once in the bed and am wide awake.

It's very easy for the fine folks with TCG to say "Don't like it, shovel it your fucking self". Interesting enough, I pay a premium, and am one step away from back surgery. If you don't do your fucking job, you deserve to lose it. Plain and simple. Our problem has always been lack of snow removal on snow days, and we've never complained, let alone about anything. I don't let the noise get me riled up. It's when they flat out do not even show up to plow.

Oh, how the F does nextdoor.com work? Do you actually need to connect and add neighbors to be able to post? I'd love to post up about shit I hate in my area and call the assholes out that think laws/rules don't apply to them and see if I get a bite, LOL.

@Moook

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info