Should I be complaining?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I feel like this would be boring but insanely cool views

It was hours of boredom sitting in a truck, articulating loader or other piece of equipment and then organized chaos for hours on end. While it’s fun to haul ass in a huge plow truck with wing plows down a runway it’s also terrifying that you might screw up and hit a plane. Yes we were in constant contact with the tower and they told us where to go and when but it’s still freaky. The really stressful part was running skid loaders near the terminals with a million ways to hit people or equipment and so much movement around you that you get a headache because you have to pay attention to EVERYTHING.
It was a cool job and fun for the short time I did it but I don’t want to do it again regardless if I made more money than God’s accountant while doing it.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
This thread is way too long to read. Sooo...

1. Its not *AT ALL* uncommon for snow to be removed during overnight hours.
2. Unless your association has an agreement with the snow removal place to only operate during certain hours (sure to cost you a premium) not even the association will care about your complaints.
3. Since when do you sleep?

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Naw, just nice long runways, with little detail work. Just angle your blade and make a mile pass. Turn around, angle the other way and repeat.

Sometimes. Depending on snowfall we’d get 4 wide and make one pass up and one back. Had to take wind direction into play so we weren’t doing things twice, double stick (2 shifters, 2 blade controllers = NIGHTMARE) got the lead, better driver or slowest truck got the edge since they frown on taking out marker lights that mark edge of runways.
Problem was at the time companies were literally fighting for the contracts and fist fights and people sabotaging our equipment was normal. Plus there was no such thing as a little mistake. Park in the wrong spot - lose the contract. Take out a marker light - lose the contract. One of the trucks or loaders doesn’t start and you don’t have an immediate replacement - lose the contract. I did one full winter and filled in for the second winter the guy I worked for held the contract and he didn’t even try to renew for a third year because of all the hassles and headaches.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LI0B874/?tag=tcg21-20

71qaEqDCqDL._SL1500_.jpg

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
i still just think whoever was piloting the skid steer needs lessons :rofl:

Now that I think of it we have 2 bobcats that clear driveways in my neighborhood. One operator is much smoother than the other. You can only hear the engine and some scraping sounds while the other operator can be heard banging around a lot more.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

OK, I was paying attention to my noise, and while I do NOT slam the arms down when I lift & turn.
I do make a little shake when the snow goes over the top & the tongue/braces get full of snow.
It is kind of loud, but you really have no choice, or you just drag snow over the clean path.

I still say if the guy is an idiot, he should be fired.
Beating the frick out of the equipment is not needed, especially since I'm the guy that does all the welding!!

I did talk to a buddy that only plows driveways, and he said it's 50-50.
1/2 complain if the driveway isn't spotless when they leave, so there's no tire tracks to turn to ice.
1/2 complain if he makes noise in the morning.

So you just can't win.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
My buddy owns a big snow removal and landscape company. Every contract is bid on and regardless of this troll employee, if their bid is the lowest he is gonna be there next year waking you up at 2:00am.

Fuck they may even go to another company and hire this guy on to their crew the way a lot of that shit works!

I personally think Mook is well on his way to being a grumpy old man at this point. Tell them to stay off your snow covered lawn too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info