Should I be complaining?

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm sure this area is not their only account. That might cause the varying times they do come and plow.
That being said, this is a residential area and like construction start times it should have a no sooner than time. It's not a company parking lot that is closed and they have to have it done before workers arrive the following day.
For that I would be fine with no sooner than 5am. At that point if you wake up, oh well. Most people are already getting going for the day around that time.

A lot of times if they're using a machine it IS that employee/employees only account as the machine does not move off site.

Shovelers may go from site to site, but, the one guy in the machine typically stays with that machine/ property.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
There's a sacrifice here whatever way you look at it. Too Early. Too Late. Too Often. Not Often Enough. Too Loud. In The Way. etc etc etc

Be happy the snow gets done & you're not busting your ass DIYing it.

But the whole nextdoor confrontation is ridiculous, he's a chode and should read his skidsteer manual instead of picking fights.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Give him an "awesome" Yelp review...

It isn't Great Lakes Snow removal or something like that, was it? That is who the City of Elgin sub-contracts to and they're idiots. I know you're in a private place, just asking because it wouldn't surprise me.

I had our court done by 11:30 and saved them some work.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And for the record, Elgin and South Elgin SUCK at snow removal. Nothing was cleaned up until this morning. I finished our court and the road around the court in Elgin at 11:30 and then went to the house in WeGo. The streets in my neighborhood in WeGo were spotless, as well as the bulk of the alley where my garage is, was done. Not perfect, but done! I did the driveway and cleaned up the alley. By the time I got back to Elgin at 1am, and there was one sweep of the main street by our plows. South Elgin was almost untouched.

Some will say "But WeGo is smaller and can concentrate more..." Their staff and equipment are commensurate to the population, but I would argue their square mileage of town to plow is the same as Elgin, yet the streets were spotless.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
90% of the time, ALL the driveways in the neighborhood dont get shoveled unless the residents do it. I only mention that b/c snow removal (part of the association fee) includes driveway removal. It never happens. I just leave mine b/c who the fuck cares :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Understandable actually. I do the same. You end up compacting more shit down than you get up, especially if you're backdragging, then the end where it meets the street is a mess of compaction.

For me it's just a way to get active when all I do is sit on my ass most of the winter. There's also so much shit in my driveway it takes longer to move it all than to shovel.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
The guy apparently LIVES in my neighborhood....so I'm not sure if he personally does the removal or if his company just happened to get picked cause he lives there.

He was probably sub-contracted out by the snow removal company because he lives there. they leave the bobcat somewhere on property and show him how to use it and they only show up once every now and then to pur fuel in it, and pay him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info