Presidential address 12/6

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Support the postion not the man I believe is what [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] is after. Im in the military and some things i do agree with some I dont. However i dont have to just nod and say to everything........... After all Im not in the North Korean military..........

Just sayin.

This is what I was trying to say. There is respect for the office. There might not be respect for the man but you respect the office. We don't have that any more. If the person in office isn't with your party affiliation they are sabotaging the country, they hate America, they are a bumbling idiot, etc.

And with that note, I'm taking my ball and going home. I'm giving up the politics section on here. People don't debate logically; they debate ideologically and they don't want truth. They want a firm slap on the ass and reassurance that their way is the only right way and the other party's guy is the reason this country is in such disrepair. I can't do that. For better or for worse I don't think that way. I have little patience for openly acknowledged and embraced inconsistency in beliefs depending on the party of the person in any given office.

And when people's response to their own hypocrisy is "yeah, so what?" it's kind of a game ender with respect to having an honest debate and the only reason I like these threads is so I can have an honest debate. So I'll stick to writing shitty car reviews that two people read and leave the politics to you guys. :rofl:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I love Rand Paul!

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky belittled Mr. Obama for proposing laws limiting the sale of assault weapons and barring suspected terrorists and other people on no-fly lists from buying gun.

“Let me be clear: disarming more law-abiding citizens will not stop mass murderers and terrorists,” Mr. Paul said. “We should be advocating for more concealed carry ability for law-abiding Americans and an end to unconstitutional gun-free zones.” He also called for greater border security and a hold on immigration, visas, and refugees from “countries with active terror networks.”

I like him too, I kept hoping to see his poll numbers go up but they've been in decline in the national polls for awhile now. I don't even know if he'll get to be at the big kids debate in 8 days....

The weird part is last I looked his poll numbers are good in the early states. I don't know if he's going to be in the race much longer though.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Mike, I understand your point BUT we have a "bumbling idiot" in office. We had one previously too. We haven't had a united America in terms of policy since 2003 in my opinion. Bush did a good job in his first Presidency, but not so much in the second.

The people of this country deserve better, but it's not going to change overnight!

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I'll be happy to see ANY Republican take office after Obama

For me they don't have to be of any specific party. However there are certain things that are a must for me that we both have to agree with.

Can't Americans elect someone who has some balls, loves America, wants it to grow and prosper, kick out all these career politicians who are not helping the people. Fix the country and make us look as good as we are.

No we can't it just seems doomed for the American public. People either at the bottom or the top want a handout and continue to drag the entire country to the bottom. The politicians are ALL CROOKS. They don't get elected to help the people. They do it for the fat pensions, book deals, speaking engagements and what not. Just pisses me off

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
He must have watched this too.

http://youtu.be/-3zZr_Qbuaw

Honestly, it's spot on... Drug dealers and gang bangers in Chicago don't fear the police/arrest because the judicial system here in Cook county is a joke. I never realized how often these guys would walk away free from otherwise slam-dunk convictions because of some little technicality...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Sound bites can be dangerous. It's just too easy to declare that anyone who is on the federal no-fly list shouldn't be allowed to purchase a firearm. What that really means is that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to you if the government puts you on a list...but won't tell you if you are on the list, or why, or how to be removed from that list.

Gary Johnson

How Obama's No-Fly List Gun-Control Push Made Hypocrites of Both Parties - The Atlantic

During his Oval Office speech Sunday night, President Obama said: “Congress should act to make sure no one on a no-fly list is able to buy a gun. What could possibly be the argument for allowing a terrorist suspect to buy a semi-automatic weapon? This is a matter of national security.”

Republicans reject that argument. “These are everyday Americans that have nothing to do with terrorism, they wind up on the no-fly list, there’s no due process or any way to get your name removed from it in a timely fashion, and now they’re having their Second Amendment rights being impeded upon,” Senator Marco Rubio, a top Republican presidential candidate, said on Sunday.

Last week, prior to the massacre in San Bernardino, House Republicans blocked debate on the Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act. On Thursday, the measure failed in the Senate as well. While its sponsors say the bill would prevent those on terror lists from acquiring guns, the law doesn’t specify whether it would bar those on the no-fly list or on several other federal watchlists.

What’s striking about this debate is how closely it mirrors the argument during the George W. Bush administration, when Democrats warned against the excesses of the list and Republicans defended it. The current debate suggests the extent to which the leading voices in the parties are willing to rearrange their positions around hot-button issues like gun rights, and shows how civil liberties tend to be treated as a tactical tool, exalted when they’re politically useful and forgotten when that’s more expedient.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info