Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
This is a no brainer. Portillos.

Chipotle isn't very good in my opinion. I'd rather go to a local fast food Mexican place if I want a burrito.

This. As it was put I don't know why I would want "a burrito from the man."

I'm surprised the snow flakes haven't gone on and on about cultural appropriation.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Even more so now that I just found this on IG.

9d95d4580a4923c0e5319f451491fe15.jpg

Guess I should've read page two. LOL

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You want to drive fast. You pull into a car dealer. In one corner of the dealer is a Lamborghini Aventador. In the other corner is a 1989 Ford Tempo with rusty C pillars. Which do you choose?

Is this poll for real? Portillos all day. And I love Chipotle.

We were due for a heavy weight comparison with all the Chipotle nut swinging going on lately.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
What?

They use the same everything. It was part of the agreement when dick sold the business. Everything I have had since they sold has tasted the same and is in the correct quantities.

Just texted a close friend of mine who has Dick Portillo as a pateint, monthly. They chat all the time.

Their salads for sure have gone down in quality and size. I get a salad from there once a week, and they've shrunk the size for sure and the quality isn't what it used to be.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Their salads for sure have gone down in quality and size. I get a salad from there once a week, and they've shrunk the size for sure and the quality isn't what it used to be.
My wife and I were just saying that a few weeks ago as we go get the chopped salad every couple of weeks. As others have said the beefs have definitely gotten smaller. Not a huge fan of their beefs anyway as there are so many better places to get a beef, especially for me being I'm in the city 5 days a week, lol. As long as they dont change the burgers, I'm happy as they are very good imo.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What?

They use the same everything. It was part of the agreement when dick sold the business. Everything I have had since they sold has tasted the same and is in the correct quantities.

Just texted a close friend of mine who has Dick Portillo as a pateint, monthly. They chat all the time.

2260551ea7d2be5850e90b1a3b693795.bmp

No, they shaft you on your cheese cup for your cheese fries. You're lucky to get it half full...

Anyway, this is a complete no-brainer. Chipotle isn't in the same hemisphere as Ports. The worst thing they did was put one right by me. We eat there all the time. Matter of fact, last night, two cheeseburgers, large cheese fries... Sometimes, I go with the giant beef when I get burgered out.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I will take Fat Burger over In N Out every day of the week!

I'd put In N Out after several....

Portillo's, Whataburter, Fat Burger, Five Guys, maybe even Shake Shack.

In N Out to me is between McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, and the ones listed above. Probably the most over-hyped restaurant in the history of the world.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'd put In N Out after several....

Portillo's, Whataburter, Fat Burger, Five Guys, maybe even Shake Shack.

In N Out to me is between McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, and the ones listed above. Probably the most over-hyped restaurant in the history of the world.

Go home you're drunk. You should be put in time out for even comparing In N Out to McDonalds, BK and Wendy's.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Oh and also, Portillos is nothing special. I live within 20 minutes of three and I go maybe a few times a year. Its good food but I feel like its good food for midwest people who dont leave the midwest.

giphy.gif

In recent years, been out to the NYC area (used to live there awhile), Boston, Maine, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, L.A., San Fran, San Diego, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Tulsa, and probably a few other I'm forgetting, and in some cases, several times, as well as many cities within the midwest (Milwaukee, Green Bay, Detroit, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Des Moines, St. Louis, Memphis, and also probably a few other places I'm forgetting), and I would put Portillo's up against any burger joints in any of those towns at any time.

I have a very limited palette and am a extremely picky eater. I'm basically a meatarian. My diet basically consists of burgers, steak, pizza, and basic things. So I eat a ton of cheeseburgers to say the least.

Smashburger is good, 5 guys is good (big thing on the quantity here...), whattaburger is good, Shake shack is good, Fatburger is good, I have enjoyed in-n-out on the west coast, etc, etc... All have something good about them.

Portillo's is also expanding into Arizona and Florida as of recent and most people there seem very receptive of it. So it must be equal to, or better than other local options.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Oh and also, Portillos is nothing special. I live within 20 minutes of three and I go maybe a few times a year. Its good food but I feel like its good food for midwest people who dont leave the midwest.

giphy.gif

Please share your worldly travels with us peasants. We would like to know what it is like to drink from the cup that Christ drank from as well.

Ohh, and Portillos. I dont know where you guys go, but the Schaumburg and Addison, and Elk Grove ones are on point. No smaller beefs, or thinner hot dogs. :dunno:

The few times I get to have it in Vernon Hills is the same as above. IE, no changes.

Thread Info