• Rhinos Ass

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
What?

They use the same everything. It was part of the agreement when dick sold the business. Everything I have had since they sold has tasted the same and is in the correct quantities.

Just texted a close friend of mine who has Dick Portillo as a pateint, monthly. They chat all the time.

2260551ea7d2be5850e90b1a3b693795.bmp

They've changed some stuff. The beefs have definitely gotten smaller and shortly after the transfer to the new owner, they switched chicken vendors. The quality of the chicken has declined.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I don't get much there except beefs and hot dogs. Beefs seem not even 6 inches anymore , and hotdogs are to me different . Thinner .

Plus with them expanding all over the country i bet they outsource their ingredients added like oils and additives to save money .

When I get up to Tampa I stop at the Portillos up there. Flavor seems the same as I remember Chicago Portillos tasting. It's so good I may move closer to Tampa one of these days so I don't have to drive an hour and a half to get my Chicago beef sandwiches.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
When I get up to Tampa I stop at the Portillos up there. Flavor seems the same as I remember Chicago Portillos tasting. It's so good I may move closer to Tampa one of these days so I don't have to drive an hour and a half to get my Chicago beef sandwiches.

I like Portillos don't get me wrong, but when it comes to beef sandwiches Al's is so much better IMHO.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I get Portillos here in AZ all the time and it's literally identical to how it used to be when I had it back there (before the sale). People expected them to go down in quality, so it's just a self confirmation bias not anything wrong with the brand. You people are :rofl:

Oh and Chipotle sucks dick. Portillos all day.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Portillos sold out , they use different products now and taste is not the same . The beefs seem like they are getting smaller too . The store itself is not the same as it used to be .

Chipotle is American tacos . It's average . They dont compare to authentic mexican food restaurants.

While I agree that Chipotle is not traditional, it is still damned good.

To be honest, I like Chipotle burrito's more than ANY place that that sells what we call a traditional Mexican burrito. Even though there is nothing traditional about the burrito's we think of as Mexican.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
While I agree that Chipotle is not traditional, it is still damned good.

To be honest, I like Chipotle burrito's more than ANY place that that sells what we call a traditional Mexican burrito. Even though there is nothing traditional about the burrito's we think of as Mexican.

When you go to Chipotle , do you dine in or take out ?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Almost always take out. Then again, I almost never dine in for lunch anywhere. Its always a pickup and I do a working lunch for the most part. I almost never get the burrito, and usually go with a bowl. Simply easier with work. Less mess.

Even when I visit Viva Zapata's in Elk Grove, I get it carry out.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
That's the difference between Chipotle and a true mexican restaurant . When you feel like eating real mexican food , go to a Mexican restaurant and try something different on the menu .

Also I guarantee if you go to one , you won't see people dining in eating burritos . You will see people eating real mexican food .

Take out burritos are good though . I can't believe you haven't found a real mexican take out place that has a better burrito than Chipotle .

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That's the difference between Chipotle and a true mexican restaurant . When you feel like eating real mexican food , go to a Mexican restaurant and try something different on the menu .

Also I guarantee if you go to one , you won't see people dining in eating burrito's .

You mistake my post for actually caring if Chipotle is traditional or not traditional. I know its not traditional, and I don't care. I like it, its tasty, and its great for lunch.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Like over Portillo's is not correct. I like both equally, it depends on the mood I'm in. Some days I want a chicago style dog, or a BC Croissant. Other days I want a bowl from Chipotle.

I'm an Omnivore, I eat everything with equal opportunity.

Like Tomorrow, I want Epic Deli, and if anyone is still willing to do an early lunch, I'm there. Too far to go by my lonesome.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I'd eat the Belvita I have stowed in the glovebox for my hangry wife and wait until I can get to a Mr Beef or Buona Beef. I don't care what the contract was with the brothers or what people say, Portillo's is not the same as it used to be. Chipotle is off the list for me since I got food poisoning from eating there.

Thread Info