My "Only In Alaska" Thread

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Spotted this on an IG page. 4-wheeler delivery to the campsite.

58abaf173cdf080730b24fdbb1e32145.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I used to go to Canada every year fishing with my dad. We flew in the Beaver (DHC-2) and Otter (DHC-3) planes to get to our outpost. They still use those plans today even though they were out of production by 1969-1970. They just keep rebuilding and refurbishing them. They are quite the workhorse up north. Those bush pilots are very creative. When everything you need at the site needs to be flown there they find a way to get it there. They are also very talented. Their flight paths are by landmarks and timing, not technology. Most of the landings you couldn't even tell you landed they were so smooth. Other times the wind and chop of the water made for interesting landings. haha

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
No fucking way. I'd go crazy stuck in a cabin out in the middle of nowhere.

I watch all those crazy Alaska shows and love them, just don't know if I could actually do it without going nuts....

It's crazy how dependent they are on the Alaskan Railroad to bring supplies out that way, them machine them over to camp....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info