My 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Build

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
At least you can get a block off plate for the ones on the ST. But most of them usually just break before you have to worry about it anyways :rofl:

I think mines broke lol

I disconnected mine. Haven't removed it, just unplugged it. So much better. And it makes the car feel alot faster for passengers because they don't hear the engine, just the turbo as it kicks in and the car accelerates. But in the ST the symposer is an actual valve and tube connected to the firewall. So its real intake noise. Still don't like it though.

The newer symposers are through the speakers and is pure synthetic. I'm sure it can be turned off, but probably not without a tune.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
MOAR!!

DaStang_023.jpg

:pedobear::pedobear::pedobear:

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
tune installed. Its a whole different car. The throttle response is super responsive and quick as well as the shifts are much better. Really the Cobb tune on the low boost 18.5 psi is how this car should be from the factory. It feels soo nice just on the low boost that I'll probably end up using that the majority of the time but I can change to high boost on the fly so I need another 25hp and 50 ftlbs its just a couple steering wheel buttons away.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
tune installed. Its a whole different car. The throttle response is super responsive and quick as well as the shifts are much better. Really the Cobb tune on the low boost 18.5 psi is how this car should be from the factory. It feels soo nice just on the low boost that I'll probably end up using that the majority of the time but I can change to high boost on the fly so I need another 25hp and 50 ftlbs its just a couple steering wheel buttons away.
Shit is so fun!! My Panda tune, I have setup for 5 slots. 3 with launch control, one full range rev, and the 1 for winter. But to go from stock or cobb tune to my Panda one is night and day!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
rofl at the resonators on the blow molded plastic compressor discharge....

god i fucking hate NVH bs

yeah I know.. there are all kinds of plastic stupid resonators and protrusions all over the intake tract of this car to kill off all sound. There is one in front of the intake that looks like a shifter that just makes me laugh all the time. I did find a company that has a hard pipe kit that would get rid of all that junk that I'm considering getting.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
how the hell do those things weigh so much if they are all plastic?

yup.. I found out some of the reason. Pulled the engine cover off for giggles. Figured the cover weighs a half pound but Nope!! there is 3 lbs of sound deadening on the back of it. lol! I'll post pics later. no cover really opens the engine compartment up. There are counter weights of some sort on the engine mounts probably to dampen some other resonance.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
I hate to tell you this , but if this trans is the double clutch automatic it's the worst transmission ford tried to use . It is being used in the fiesta and focus and there have been so many complaints that ford is hiding the problem and they have actually extended the warranties because they know failure will happen .

I have personally have this in my fiesta and I wish I never got it . I was pretty much lied to by the dealer (Harvard Ford) telling me it was an automatic , not what it really is. This is a manual trans that is shifted electronically. At 2000 miles the servos and solenoids that control the shifting are so loud and whine while driving . And the car will get confused at slow speeds or stopping quickly and will make the car lurch forward . Also the trans has been known to grind when trying to go into first gear . My car hasnt grinded yet but it is one of the main complaints and i am waiting fot it to happen. Car will also roll backwards if on a hill . You will also might get a shutter feeling coming out of 1st gear from a stoplight .

This in itself is why I plan to get rid of my car as soon as I can. If I were to do it all over again I would have gone with a manual .

You also will eventually be changing the clutches in the auto trams just like a manual. Not one but two .

Some people have brought their cars in and have been told it is all normal . That's bullshit . Imagine buying a brand new car and within 2000 miles your trans is whining like a wind up toy while driving .

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Its not the Double clutch Auto.. All 2015 Mustang Autos, regardless of the engine, have the same 6R80 which from what I've been reading up on is the same trans used since 2011 but for 2015 it has been revised with a rev matching system to allow the use of the paddle shifting but not much else changed from prior year.

Thus far the Manual cars are the problem.. The transmission section at Mustang6g is littered with MT82 Manual owners with chattering clutches, failed clutches, and even hard part failure in the trans.

Thread Info