My 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Build

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
aa84ccc07a144e4a7d6f4aff94d656d6.jpg

So this happened. The top bolt on the vertical link felt funny when I was running it down with a 3/8" ratchet. It would tighten then feel loose. Then snap!! This came after hammering the fuck out of these to get it lined up to get the bolts in. I put the stock links back in put on a new bolt and threw the upr links in the box. Fuck those. I helped put Boomba links in another car and it was a breeze so I'll be picking up a set of those instead.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
yup.. you are correct. Looked up some info on the bolts and found both the upper and lower bolts are listed as singe use only by Ford. Damn scary that not a single install video or instructions from any MFG's bring this up and only BMR comes with replacement upper bolts. I've already replaced both the smaller upper bolts and I'll pickup some new lower bolts today and give the UPR links another shot. Got some tips from searching around to make it easier to install.

In other news I'm tuning the car myself using HPT. really interesting how these cars operate. Completely different than the F-body tuning. Found out HPT can read almost all the tables on Tunes from other systems like Cobb even when they are locked down.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It is surprising most instructors don't mention this or include new hardware Many people use the stock bolts with out checking them. Most have no issues. Some due. Being it is a suspension bolt, I replace them. Sometimes you can replace them with grade 8 boots from the hardware store. But many times the OE bolts have stepped areas under the head and other design features that require you use them. Lame for sure. I keep a complete spare set if bolts for the suspension on the 2011-14 & 2015+. Just so I don't have to wait of I need something in am emergency, or someone drops off a car to have parts installed with out any hardware.

Ya, lots of tuners were mad that HP Tuners allows anyone to read SCT locked tunes. It seems Ford is different than GM as far as the sharing of info by tuners goes.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Looking at the parts lists almost all the suspension bolts are listed as one time use only. Luckily the bolts on the vertical links are standard bolts with no shoulders or flanges on them. I'm going to change out the lowers bolts too just top be safe and in the future check the damn Parts listing for any bolt on the car before I screw around with them.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Looking at the parts lists almost all the suspension bolts are listed as one time use only. Luckily the bolts on the vertical links are standard bolts with no shoulders or flanges on them. I'm going to change out the lowers bolts too just top be safe and in the future check the damn Parts listing for any bolt on the car before I screw around with them.

Thats strange that they are all torque to yield stuff.

Usually I only see those in rotating assembly or head bolts unless you go with aftermarket.

Thread Info