Microsoft E3 Briefing today (Xbox Scorpio reveal) - Details

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Would this thing be pointless without a 4K tv?

Yeah. Most of the extra power is for 4k HDR, VR, or 3D rendering. If you have just a regular 1080p TV its not really worth it.

I suppose it's a future proof kind of thing. At some point in the near future you're more likely to get a 4k tv or whatever new standard is out.

Yeah, but by the time most of us with newer 1080p sets upgrade to 4k, their will probably be a cheaper version out, or the same version will be less money with more storage.

Kind of a catch 22.

I upgraded my HT receiver to a 4k HDR with Atmos and DTS-X but mostly for the sound which I can take advantage of immediately.

My Samsung TV is too new and I'm not really in for purchasing a new one right now.

I'll wait a bit, and when I finally upgrade I'll give my 65" Sammy to my mom who's got an ancient 480P plasma.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Cross posted from forza thread. Digital foundry confirms that forza runs identical to a maxed out pc on one x. 4k/60fps. I'd have to go back and read, don't know if they mention what graphics card.

How does Forza 7 improve on Xbox One X over base hardware? • Eurogamer.net

You may want to watch the video. In that video they clearly say the PC is running 8x MSAA, and the Xbox is running some AMD specific AA that has its costs compared to MSAA. This is what you are going to see on all the games. There will be shortcuts that have to be made. This is not some magic hardware no matter what you guys think.

Furthermore I could clearly see FPS studdering in their xbox one X demo in that video from the link you posted. Thats not 60FPS locked. Not at all. It might be stable most of the time, but you can see when the cars bunch up the frame rate suffers.

The rules are the same here across all platforms. If there are short cuts they are going to take to make the game great, they wont necessarily need to take those same short cuts for the PC version. (But they will because they are lazy)

And also this condition I see with this game is the same for several PC games. Its all in the development. I have PC games that I can turn on DSR and run at 8k fully maxed out. Like BF1 and Battlefront. Then there are games like GR Wildlands that barely run at 4k maxed out. Im talking like 30fps at points.

So all these points are moot until a ton more games come out. But I can guarantee it wont be any different. In an effort to match PC performance at 4k, they will need to keep figuring out short cuts to get the quality. It will never be the same. The console will always be at a disadvantage.

But that does not mean its not better. I personally have been gaming in my livingroom with my PC stuffed behind my TV. I use a wireless xbox one controller. All in an effort to get the same living room gaming experience as the xbox, but without giving away the high frame rates and 4k resolution.

This is why Im excited to get one. I can move my PC back to a PC friendly place where I can game on it and also use it like a PC. And I can also get a similar experience in the livingroom without building a slim PC for $1500. Its a win-win.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Also the funny part of all this is its very comparable to the apple iphone vs android debate. Im arguing for a universal platform that has been many steps ahead with tech over the more dated and proprietary tech that seems to be lagging behind. Yet its still very popular and people keep buying it.

Sounds very similar no??? lol PC=Android and Xbox=iPhone.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh, and about the AA...

On the PC, multi-sampling up to 8x is in play, which provides a crisp presentation with some nicely resolved sub-pixel details. EQAA is used instead on Xbox One X - an AMD specific AA implementation that shares similarities with MSAA. Sub-pixel reproduction isn't quite as good on the One X, but really, outside of the power lines appearing less distinct it's not something that sticks out when viewing on a 4K screen from typical living room viewing distances. The pixel density ensures that both looks reasonably clean and crisp.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
My brothers is fine too. Mine had the "left analog will just randomly think it is being pressed up" thing that I couldn't find a solution for anywhere.

Seems a decent amount of people have it, and basically were told that they just have to buy a new controller to fix it lol

Same happened to me, I just bought a new controller

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info