TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
u9kh9z4wvi3z.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
PLEASE. You could build a potato PC that can run most AAA games at 1080@60. A $100 GTX970 could do that with half the system ram and a spinning drive.

Furthermore the 1070s are aging now. What happens when you want to maintain the 1080p@60fps for say the next 5 years with every year's new AAA titles. Thats how long it will be before the next xbox comes out. Those devs will have to write their games with less and less detail because you will be frozen in 2016 gpu tech. Your argument about a closed system is not valid. Never has been, never will be. This is the last post I post about this. There is no point arguing with you on the internet.

I do look forward to seeing most of you in person though at meets and such. But this is just a waste of my time.

Dude, for being such a PC guy, you really have no clue. ARK is the most unoptimized game in the world and can't hold 60fps with even a 1070. Running 1080p at 60fps on xbox one x for ARK is very impressive. So no, a GTX 970 wouldn't even come close, and if you read ANYTHING in the last thread, most xbox one x games are running 4k at 60 fps. What happens when your "rig" ages in 4 years and you have to spend another 2k?

Look at this video, barely ever hits 60fps on awesome pc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlyw01qo8V4

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I would LOVE to see a PC under $500 that can run games like GTAV and BF4 on full graphics without break a sweat.

MB - $100-$125
Processor - $200-$300
Graphics Card - $300
RAM - $100

What about a case, cooling, PSU, etc.

If we compare used prices of computer parts to the cost of the new XB1X, it's not a rational comparison and the computer would still be more expensive when you factor everything in.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
But can it run Spiderman 2 from the original Xbox?

Yes! Thanks to the new backwards compatibility.

Also, I forgot to mention. Microsoft plans on releasing Xbox's like iPhones. The idea of a new generation xbox every 5 to 8 years is over. I wouldn't be surprised if they released another one in 3 years.

So let me summarize real quick:
  • Xbox One X performs above its specs according to devs
  • Xbox will release consoles more frequently than before
  • Xbox One X is a lot cheaper than a comparable computer

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I would LOVE to see a PC under $500 that can run games like GTAV and BF4 on full graphics without break a sweat.

MB - $100-$125
Processor - $200-$300
Graphics Card - $300
RAM - $100

What about a case, cooling, PSU, etc.

If we compare used prices of computer parts to the cost of the new XB1X, it's not a rational comparison and the computer would still be more expensive when you factor everything in.

The one area where PC wins is monitor. I'm gonna probably spend another $2k on a TV for this thing, but hey, it's an excuse for me to get a bad ass TV.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yes! Thanks to the new backwards compatibility.

Also, I forgot to mention. Microsoft plans on releasing Xbox's like iPhones. The idea of a new generation xbox every 5 to 8 years is over. I wouldn't be surprised if they released another one in 3 years.

So let me summarize real quick:
  • Xbox One X performs above its specs according to devs
  • Xbox will release consoles more frequently than before
  • Xbox One X is a lot cheaper than a comparable computer
Not totally true. It's still up to the dev. So many Xbox 360 games that won't work on xbo still :(

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
The one area where PC wins is monitor. I'm gonna probably spend another $2k on a TV for this thing, but hey, it's an excuse for me to get a bad ass TV.

True, but, if you still want a good monitor, you're looking at $500-$1000 depending on the size, refresh rate and resolution.

4K TV's can be had for about 1K if you find the right deal for a good quality TV that is double the size.

I'd love to have FU money to have a badass gaming monitor and a 4K TV, but, for now, my 1440P 28" monitor will have to do. My 970 is showing it's age as well as my 4th gen processor and 6+ year old RAM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info