Microsoft E3 Briefing today (Xbox Scorpio reveal) - Details

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
That's what's holding me back from being 100 percent in on this. Still waiting for my ancient Samsung plasma to shit the bed. Maybe that will happen between now and November.

tv-throw-o.gif

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The really nice 4K tvs are expensive! Wife and I were just looking around. We want the next one to be 75" or larger and 4K. We loved 2 we saw and of course they were some of the most expensive. It was 2,999 plus tax etc but it seriously was like starring through your own eyes. The clarity compared to others on the wall was night and day and made them look like basic tvs

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Buying the tippy top of the line tv usually means by the next year it's a mid range best bang for the buck model. I've never understood the drive to get the absolute best tv when peripheral devices are usually lagging behind by a couple years to catch up to those standards. I'm all for buying the xbox one S E X L M N O P but when it comes to a 4k UHD tv I feel like you can only go so far before diminishing returns hit on them spendy tv's. Which problably will have me landed in the mid range/best bang for the buck market

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Vizio 4k. Best bang for your buck.

Bang for buck if you want a budget one yes I totally agree. However the 75 inch vizio next to this other tv that was 2900 was night and day. It seriously made the vizio look grainy and like it wasn't displaying the same program in HD.

Once its in your living room, you wont know a difference. But your bank account will. I got a 60" Vizio 4k from walmart a few months ago for $678. Its the current model and has casting built in. Its breath taking seeing real 4K from netflix and youtube. And for what I spent, Im happy. Plus I had been gaming in real 4k with my PC hooked to it. Worth every penny.

Sure you can get the higher quality displays, but again once you get it home it will dazzle you. Unless you already have a higher end display sitting next to it like at the stores.

Also remember they set these TVs in what is commonly called "Torch Mode". Meaning everything is cranked to the top, and the TV is as bright and over saturated as it would ever be. Comparing TVs in a store is very difficult. The lighting plays a huge role, and they never look the same at home when you truly set them up.

Besides you can always return it if you want. But I can only assume you wont. The Vizio's have came a long way and I think they get their panels from a big name panel maker now?

4K is awesome though. Gaming in 4k with my 7700k/1080ti is something to behold on games like BF1 and GTAV.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Also, for those asking if its worth it without a 4k TV, I'd say no at this point. It will have other advantages like higher graphical settings, higher frame rates etc, but I don't think it's worth $500 unless you have a 4k TV.

With that being said, I'd highly recommend a 4k HDR enabled TV as the vast majority of these games will also have HDR. I was able to watch the gameplay trailers on my 4k TV last night and many of these games looked unbelievable.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
ARK Dev: XB1X Is Like a PC with GTX 1070 & 16GB RAM; Game Runs at 1080P@60 while PS4 Pro Is 1080P@30

Well [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION], just like I said months ago, the xbox one X will perform above its specs because it has the advantage of being a closed system. Apparently devs are agreeing with me, and one dev is stating it will play like a PC with a GTX1070 with 16gb of ram. Seems like a steal at $500.

PLEASE. You could build a potato PC that can run most AAA games at 1080@60. A $100 GTX970 could do that with half the system ram and a spinning drive.

Furthermore the 1070s are aging now. What happens when you want to maintain the 1080p@60fps for say the next 5 years with every year's new AAA titles. Thats how long it will be before the next xbox comes out. Those devs will have to write their games with less and less detail because you will be frozen in 2016 gpu tech. Your argument about a closed system is not valid. Never has been, never will be. This is the last post I post about this. There is no point arguing with you on the internet.

I do look forward to seeing most of you in person though at meets and such. But this is just a waste of my time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info