Lukes 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
[MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] you guys have my support. You know Im there almost every week, and this year since I got the mustang I'd like to bring my kids here and there too. Hoping for a safe and happy summer there. Lukes is my happy place during the week, plus I worked there when I was 15 and have loved their food since. Thats my old stomping ground and I hope we can get it together to really make something more special than its ever been.

:fth:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I know Luke's is a Thursday thing but could we have some Luke's Friday night things or Saturday night stuff for those of us who get up early for work during the week? See maybe if a larger weekend tcg crowd would represent

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
In all seriousness what about making a sign up thread every week that closes at noon the day of Luke's? Then when you get there you say I am so and so and I signed up. They check the list and let you in. Thoughts?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well like mook said its really hard to police a public event like this. And ultimatly if the people are purchasing food from lukes they will not want those people turned away.

later events last year and for chi2k it was self policed very well by the members. I heard them yelling at the bikers a few times for revving the engines.

I say make a strong tcg presence with more senior members and get more people out in general. The more of the TCG presence that is there the less problems there seems to be

It's not that simple, unfortunately. Most people don't care to police the lot... meaning speaking up when someone does something we don't approve of. I can think of maybe 2-3 other people who regularly speak up other than myself.

Plans include sectioning off a good portion of the lot that has painted lines w/cones and allowing only quality cars into that area. Enforcing good parking in that area, keeping bikes out of that area, and I think most importantly - blocking the parading from happening through the lot. Allowing parading encourages the burnouts and stupid stunts in the lot... that has to stop this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info