Lukes 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
smaller segregated lot may be easier to police? Thoughts? I think that was a great idea.

We've tried that with the front row closest to RT 25 being for TCG Only... but, it's realistically only room for about 15 cars, but, it is easy to keep track of. Maybe expanding it to the first row of spaces closest to the restaurant would be a good start for a "trial" version.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
^ correct. Block off a larger area with cones? [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] what is your take on this idea? Worth discussing more or are we wasting our time?

We've discussed it before, and I'm willing to give it a shot... Shit, I'll go buy the cones if that makes the difference! But I'm more than up for alternative suggestions.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Well like mook said its really hard to police a public event like this. And ultimatly if the people are purchasing food from lukes they will not want those people turned away.

later events last year and for chi2k it was self policed very well by the members. I heard them yelling at the bikers a few times for revving the engines.

I say make a strong tcg presence with more senior members and get more people out in general. The more of the TCG presence that is there the less problems there seems to be

Shocker

ShockerRacing.com
Feb 21, 2008
Aurora, IL
Never been able to make it the last couple years due to work, then kinda avoided it due to some of the more interesting stories... But I'll likely be around occasionally this season, especially if [MENTION=4752]v6z24e[/MENTION], [MENTION=303]Shocker[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10881]ChiLAX[/MENTION] wants to roll deep up north.

The problem for me is that I really can't make it out there until schools over.. in the middle of June :snooppalm:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Well like mook said its really hard to police a public event like this. And ultimatly if the people are purchasing food from lukes they will not want those people turned away.

later events last year and for chi2k it was self policed very well by the members. I heard them yelling at the bikers a few times for revving the engines.

I say make a strong tcg presence with more senior members and get more people out in general. The more of the TCG presence that is there the less problems there seems to be

That is very very true. As I started to see the stupidity return I started to tell some people to stop doing what they were doing. Again, a STRONG MEMBER PRESENCE is important.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
That guy with the escalade or whatever with TV's where the headlights are the with the loud mexican music..... yea we can just turn him away I would be ok with that.

His whole crew could fuck right off and I wouldn't loose sleep. I'd actually gain some figuring in the hours it takes to rid myself the the migraine that is sure to follow that audible holocaust that occurs weekly.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Dam, I did not realize it was such a shit show. Maybe I need to stay away as I do not need to be cracking skulls for stupidity. I do not ever want to go
to jail
again.
I'm wiser now in my old age, sorta. But if someone disrepected me, friends, family or my vehicle...I'd go ape shit.

To my knowledge, no ones cars have been really fucked with. Finger prints and the occasional idiot leaning on one, but never any damage or that type of thing.

It generally sounds far worse than it actually is.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
If you have a car get together the same night at the same spot it will gather attention and more people will come. Sadly the additions at Lukes over the years are not exactly the types the majority of the members want. I think you have to change up the plan on a larger scale. Think gorilla warefare. Don't do the meet the same day of the week, every week. Don't do the same location every week. Change things up.

If you want TCG exclusives maybe having people having to go to the site to find locations would be a bonus. When people pass by and stop in because the see cars make sure that before they go that they know to check out TCG's event section for weekly meets.

You might say "well Lukes is a good local location". Well this is a car club. What is wrong with driving your cars farther than a couple of miles to Lukes? Hell I am sure most people would love to drive from location to location. Especially if it is on four lane divided roads. If you catch my drift. haha

I drive a good distance to go to Lukes. I make it when ever my schedule lets me. I love the cruise there and home with firneds. I enjoy the food and hospitality Lukes offers. I like seeing and talking with TCG people. But I don't get to cruise with any of the TCG folk. Standing around all night gets old quick. As well as the same issues others have with the burn outs, loud music and stupid behavior.

I would love to see TCG spread out in the area a little more. I know the Naperville meet that get posted up gets very little love from the people up north. I think other people in other areas probably feel the same way. I think the site should think about expanding events in different directions. Just my two cents.

I am not against Luke's itself. Like I said, the owner and employees have been awesome over the years. I am all for going there if things were not like they have been in the past. I hope the powers that be (Mook really lol) are able to come up with something. More TCG time off the forum would be good.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Although I have only made it out to lukes a hand full of times over the past few years, here is what I have experienced. First season when the cobra was running, I brought it out and found someone leaning on it. Second season I came out and overheard gang related activities being discussed as I ate my food. Then this past season I was almost hit by a guy trying to do donuts in a pickup in the lower lot. My opinion is there are a lot of people that attend that seem to lack the respect for other peoples cars/well being. If a section was created to police the inconsiderate people, that would help out a lot. Obviously that is a lot easier said than done. Besides that, I have enjoyed the variety of cars that show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info