Lukes 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have NO idea how we go from talking about Lukes to talking about some junk 3rd gen... :picard:

Not that far of a stretch.
1049127_10152960193405451_538033183_o.jpg

I have been up to Luke's infrequently due to various reasons but every time I am there it seems that it is a free for all. I have noticed last year folks in shirts patrolling the lot but did not notice their effectiveness.

I have been giving this some thought the last couple of weeks, on and off, to try and come up with something that is both simple and effective. Here is my 2 cents, no change required.

Why not come up with some simple but effective rules, call it Cruise Night Etiquette, that everyone here can agree to before the season starts. Once you have these rules post them up as flyers promoting TCG, upcoming events and the rules on the doors of Luke's entrance, Bathrooms, etc. on full page sheets of paper. Then take the rules and print them on cut down sheets, say four times per page, that you can hand out to folks again promoting the new rules this year, the website and upcoming events in the beginning of the season. Have some guys get there early and hand them out at the entrances to each car that comes in. Once you have gone a set amount of time, say a month or whatever, change the smaller sheets to just the rules and anyone breaking them you hand them out to them to remind them of the rules and politely ask them not to break them. If you have habitual offenders ask them not to come back and maybe ask the local officers to back you up.

This gives the guys in the security, or whatever they say, shirts a little more backup when asking the folks to turn shit down if you establish a set of parameters ahead of time as opposed to just walking up saying, "Hey, turn that shit down cause I say so!"

Thoughts?

T.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
I've personally only been to 1 meet but I was unable to even find where the TCG guys were hanging out, although I saw/recognized a couple cars from the forums.

Not knowing the history of TCG and the significance of Luke's, I must ask, why not simply change the venue? Or perhaps pick a few different venues that rotate from week to week? Just curious...

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I have been up to Luke's infrequently due to various reasons but every time I am there it seems that it is a free for all. I have noticed last year folks in shirts patrolling the lot but did not notice their effectiveness.

I have been giving this some thought the last couple of weeks, on and off, to try and come up with something that is both simple and effective. Here is my 2 cents, no change required.

Why not come up with some simple but effective rules, call it Cruise Night Etiquette, that everyone here can agree to before the season starts. Once you have these rules post them up as flyers promoting TCG, upcoming events and the rules on the doors of Luke's entrance, Bathrooms, etc. on full page sheets of paper. Then take the rules and print them on cut down sheets, say four times per page, that you can hand out to folks again promoting the new rules this year, the website and upcoming events in the beginning of the season. Have some guys get there early and hand them out at the entrances to each car that comes in. Once you have gone a set amount of time, say a month or whatever, change the smaller sheets to just the rules and anyone breaking them you hand them out to them to remind them of the rules and politely ask them not to break them. If you have habitual offenders ask them not to come back and maybe ask the local officers to back you up.

This gives the guys in the security, or whatever they say, shirts a little more backup when asking the folks to turn shit down if you establish a set of parameters ahead of time as opposed to just walking up saying, "Hey, turn that shit down cause I say so!"

Thoughts?

T.

That's basically exactly what one of our tactics this year will be.

Listen everyone, the plan is to REALLY try to make Lukes successful this year - and successful according to you folks, the people who we WANT to fill the lot - not the riff raff that you all complain about. How will we do that? Let me try to explain a few things:

1. TCG staff will be working closely with Luke's owner to ensure the lot is managed to our expectation. If that means hiring security (not TCG members either) to handle the lot, that's what it'll be.

2. Luke's owner has already been in contact with CPD to get more police presence in the lot. This of course is a double edged sword... as people don't want no front plate, window tint, or other nuisance tickets handed out either. But what we WILL NOT tolerate is burnouts in the lot, parades through the lot, revving engines, bicycles, and constantly pounding stereos.

3. Signage. Yep, sounds kind of useless... but you'd be surprised. If people can see signs saying what they can't do, they're likely to listen. They're also less likely to BITCH about being told to stop if they fail to listen to the signs. The signs will discourage burnouts, revving engines, bicycles and loud stereos. As one of the few people who have enforced rules in the lot before, I'll be happy to have these signs around to back me up when asking people to follow lot rules. The signs will basically make rules known and make enforcement easier.

4. Lot sectioning. We're going to section off a large portion of the "upper lot" with cones where the parking lines were painted last year so cars can be properly parked. We will enforce rules in this "safe zone" more than in the areas outside of this zone. This will give safe haven for those worried about their rides. This space will also be were the most TCG folks will be located, so it'll be easier to find people to meet.

Having said all that, we are expecting that folks come out and give Luke's a second try early in the season. Join the folks from TCG in the upper lot and bring back to Luke's what we once had... a place for TCG members to meet and show off their rides!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
That's basically exactly what one of our tactics this year will be.

Listen everyone, the plan is to REALLY try to make Lukes successful this year - and successful according to you folks, the people who we WANT to fill the lot - not the riff raff that you all complain about. How will we do that? Let me try to explain a few things:

Having said all that, we are expecting that folks come out and give Luke's a second try early in the season. Join the folks from TCG in the upper lot and bring back to Luke's what we once had... a place for TCG members to meet and show off their rides!

Amazing work. I will be in for the first official Luke's. Let's start strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info