Infinity War SPOILERS Thread

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
What are the Easter Eggs in Avengers: Infinity War?

10 Years of Marvel

Not really an Easter egg as such, but fans will love the revamped opening credits for Marvel Studios.
As well as now including Black Panther and Ant-Man, the credits also change the "io" of studios into 10, to recognise the ten years since the Marvel Cinematic Universe launched with Iron Man.

"We Have A Hulk!"

Infinity War opens immediately after the events of Thor: Ragnarok with the Asgardian ship attacked by Thanos and his cronies.
As Thor is imprisoned, Loki delivers one final surprise on Thanos by unleashing the Hulk on the evil tyrant.
The phrase "we have a Hulk" was first used by Iron Man in Avengers Assemble when trying to reason with Loki, who at the time was attempting to invade Earth on behalf of Thanos.
As things come full circle, sadly time was up for recently redeemed Loki as Thanos caught on to his tricks and stabbed him through the heart.

When Thanos claims "no resurrections this time," he's presumably referring to how Loki cheated death in Thor: The Dark World. Though it's unclear how he would've discovered those events.

"Thanos is coming!"

It might have ensured his own death at the hand of Thanos, but Hemidall's last heroic act upon the Asgardian refugee ship is to send Hulk to Earth.
Bruce Banner crash lands in Doctor Strange's Sanctum where he declares "Thanos is coming."
This mirrors the role played by Silver Surfer in the Infinity War comic book, who lands in the location and utters the same fearful phrase.
Due to 20th Century Fox owning the cinematic rights to Silver Surfer - for now - Marvel had to get creative and instead used this scene as a nod to the book.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...gs-the-hidden-references-meanings-explained/#
Peter Parker has gained his spider sense

When Spider-Man was introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, film execs opted for a much more realistic interpretation with Tom Holland's Spidey outing relying on gadgets and tech more than superhuman abilities.
This seems to have changed with Peter Parker now having spider sense, alerting him when the Black Order arrive in New York.

Stan Lee's cameo

It wouldn't be a Marvel movie without a show-stealing cameo from the Marvel legend.
This time it takes place early on, when we meet Spider-Man and his classmates on a field trip.
Stan Lee plays a disgruntled bus driver who claims: "What? You kids never seen a spaceship before?"
Arrested Development cameo

Infinity War directors Anthony and Joe Russo launched their career with the popular US sitcom Arrested Development.
The show has since gained a loyal following, with one memorable scene showing lovable Tobias FĂĽnke covering himself in blue paint in a bid to join the legendary Blue Man Group.
When the Guardians of the Galaxy head to Knowhere to secure an Infinity Stone ahead of Thanos, the Arrested Development scene is referenced with a life-size model sitting in a glass chamber.
The director pair previously referenced their hit sitcom in Captain America: Civil War where they included the show's stair car during the airport showdown between Cap and Iron Man

FrenchLicker

Enginerd
Jan 10, 2013
Naperthrill
It should have ended when Thanos snapped his fingers.

But..... why didn’t Dr. Strange use the portals to chop off the gauntlet similar to his buddy in the first fight?

Does Banner need a little green pill? (The end where he is in the hulkbuster armor the CGI was atrocious)

Can Thor take his stormbreaker and break the gauntlet?

Why didn’t Strange do what happened in his movie with rewinding time until Thanos gave up?

Did I miss Valkyrie disappearring?

Why was Ant man/Hawkeye left out?

I didn’t find the humor to be too much, but it seemed to be much more frequent than in previous films. How the fuck could they not get the gauntlet off?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It should have ended when Thanos snapped his fingers.

But..... why didn’t Dr. Strange use the portals to chop off the gauntlet similar to his buddy in the first fight?

Cause story.

Does Banner need a little green pill? (The end where he is in the hulkbuster armor the CGI was atrocious)

Can Thor take his stormbreaker and break the gauntlet?

Not sure. Stormbreaker is actually Beta Ray Bill's hammer. There was a BRB easter egg in Ragnarok when the building showed all the previous champions.

Why didn’t Strange do what happened in his movie with rewinding time until Thanos gave up?

cause story?

Did I miss Valkyrie disappearring?

I remembered after, but cant remember if I saw her body laying with the others. Something to look out for on Sunday.

Why was Ant man/Hawkeye left out?

They cut a deal and are on house arrest. Was explained in the movie.

I didn’t find the humor to be too much, but it seemed to be much more frequent than in previous films. How the fuck could they not get the gauntlet off?

Answers in red.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Okay. I don’t know what it is, but the quality of CGI I saw tonight blows the previous viewing away. I can only guess that the second rate theater I saw it in the first time had shit color calibrations.

Or that the IMAX print of the film has much better quality control.

As far as a content is concerned the movie holds up to a second viewing even better.

My opinion is that anyone killed via the infinity stones can come back. But anyone killed without them they s truly gone. So no more Gamora, Loki, and such.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Okay. I don’t know what it is, but the quality of CGI I saw tonight blows the previous viewing away. I can only guess that the second rate theater I saw it in the first time had shit color calibrations.

Or that the IMAX print of the film has much better quality control.

As far as a content is concerned the movie holds up to a second viewing even better.

My opinion is that anyone killed via the infinity stones can come back. But anyone killed without them they s truly gone. So no more Gamora, Loki, and such.

That would be my guess as well. Going to see it again this afternoon as well.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I read a few theories and the one I'm most intrigued by is Strange put a spell on his Infinity stone and all of those lost are in another dimensions. Knowing the inter-dimensional talk from Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel's link with the cosmic realm, I think that's where I'm leaning at the moment.

The movie was a bummer though. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it's the only Marvel movie where I was bummed out after watching. We got tickets last minute, sat in the front row because those were the last tickets, and were really excited to be baby-less for our first night. And then saw all these beloved characters die. I mean, what the hell :rofl:

Even if they are resurrected by the aforementioned storyline, I think Loki is dead dead, which is unfortunate, and Idris Elba, though it sounds like Thor now has bifrost capabilities in his new wand.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Thanos was amazing. The way they let a psychopath deliver his twisted dialogue with the calmness and assurance of someone giving you directions to a Starbucks was amazing. One of the best on-screen villains I’ve seen in a long time.

AWDCD3

Addict
May 31, 2015
Carol Stream, Il
From Ryan Reynolds FB page. I think that Tony made a big mistake.
52a19d3c26d12928f33354c4c7604cb6.jpg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I read a few theories and the one I'm most intrigued by is Strange put a spell on his Infinity stone and all of those lost are in another dimensions. Knowing the inter-dimensional talk from Ant-Man, and Captain Marvel's link with the cosmic realm, I think that's where I'm leaning at the moment.

The movie was a bummer though. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it's the only Marvel movie where I was bummed out after watching. We got tickets last minute, sat in the front row because those were the last tickets, and were really excited to be baby-less for our first night. And then saw all these beloved characters die. I mean, what the hell :rofl:

Even if they are resurrected by the aforementioned storyline, I think Loki is dead dead, which is unfortunate, and Idris Elba, though it sounds like Thor now has bifrost capabilities in his new wand.

Just read that theory too, it actually makes a ton of sense, Dr. Strange used the mirror dimension, and everything from the time Thanos saw all the butterflies was in the mirror dimension.....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Loved the movie. Spidermans death was a bit rough. I'm also guessing the time stone will bring them all back but how is the question. Gonna suck waiting for the next one.

Not gonna lie. The first time I was taken back. We went and saw it again today and I knew it was coming. My feels were still gut punched. Tom Hollands acting really caught how big of a moment it was.

I think the mirror dimension is the most likely explanation.. However its a friggin dark movie and i am not sure i liked it. Not because it was a bad story line, it was just too depressing. If I wanted a depressing 3 hours of tv i would turn on the news..

IIRC the directors and Feige wanted to make an Empire Strikes Back type movie. Mission accomplished.

I also tried to really pay attention on the Asgardian ship, and I THINK I saw part of Valkyrie's armor laying in a heap. Not 100% sure. However, Thor did say half of his ship when talking about what happened.

Ill also say that the people that died without the use of the gauntlet are done. Loki, Heimdall, Gamora. I think Vision might be safe since they did scan his brain, and they might have backed it up. So just make a new body with the vibranium (gee, wonder where they will get that) and CTRL V that shit in.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
So Guardians 3 is for sure confirmed....curious where it will take place after Avengers 4 concludes next year.

If the theories of "the other half" are true, then Gamora would be dead. And I don't see that happening. So maybe everything is reversed with the Time stone, or the movie took a fork in the road into an alternate reality. And that seems like a giant cop-out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info