In a move that surprises no one, the Chevy SS is dead after 2017

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
ss + small trailer. id be good for 95.6784% of what my truck could does. :rofl:

That's a good point. I keep forgetting about those small trailers.
I'm at the point where I really do not need a pick up truck anymore. My house reno's are about 90% complete, dogs are old and maybe have a few years left. I rarely actually use it for my job. And after buying my wife her SHO and being spoiled. I am craving a fun sedan for my own.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That's a good point. I keep forgetting about those small trailers.
I'm at the point where I really do not need a pick up truck anymore. My house reno's are about 90% complete, dogs are old and maybe have a few years left. I rarely actually use it for my job. And after buying my wife her SHO and being spoiled. I am craving a fun sedan for my own.

yeah even hopping into my beater beemer after driving my truck excites me :rofl:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
had to have been.

cheapest new one is now 38,900, last month i think i found some for closer to 35k.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/663907164/overview/

id have a scat pack in my driveway for less duckets.

:yup:

Parts for sure. It's a newer fancier GTO/G8

Insurance, yeah probably

:doubleyup:

I love these cars but fuck owning one after finding out what a pain in the tip of your dick getting parts and insurance rates are.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I got burned on insurance with the G8. I hate the fact that I barely pay more for coverage on the Mustang which is six years newer. I'm sure it is because getting G8 specific replacement parts is stupid expensive.

yeah shipping from australia aint cheap

nor is the rental car for while the shop waits for the parts to arrive.

i forgot you still had the G8, do you drive it daily still?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Yep, I still drive the G8 every day in the winter season. The Mustang is sitting in the garage waiting for spring. I’ve toyed with the idea of selling the G8 and getting a practical gas sipping car with modern technology. I really should put the G8 on the stock tune during the winter, putting premium in there just to drive like an old lady in the snow is pointless. Not only does it get shitty mileage, but it also gets shitty mileage on expensive gas.

My wife and I have also considered moving to Florida in the next three years or so. If we did, I would definitely dump the G8 as there won’t be a need for it really.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I love these cars but fuck owning one after finding out what a pain in the tip of your dick getting parts and insurance rates are.

Don't forget about the prospect of paint-matching some of these colors down the road....

TBH if the Scat Pack Challenger had been heavily discounted when I got the SS, I'd likely be in a grey 392 right now. But it wasn't.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Don't forget about the prospect of paint-matching some of these colors down the road....

TBH if the Scat Pack Challenger had been heavily discounted when I got the SS, I'd likely be in a grey 392 right now. But it wasn't.

that honestly wouldn't worry me too badly.

a good shop will be able to match whatever color anything is, just fine.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
that honestly wouldn't worry me too badly.

a good shop will be able to match whatever color anything is, just fine.

I agree, in theory. But if they don't (as others have found out), it can be a real circus.

But then I guess that would erase them from the "good" shop list so we're back to good shops being able to match.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Exactly...don't know why they didn't do this.

The teenagers who drooled over the 94-96's were almost 20 years old at the time the SS came on sale. So it would have been almost an opportune time to cash in on the nostalgia of the nameplate.

Its not like Chevy never used the same name on two vehicles before. The Lumina, and the Lumina APV come to mind. At least this time the use of the name would have been cooler.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Yep, I still drive the G8 every day in the winter season. The Mustang is sitting in the garage waiting for spring. I’ve toyed with the idea of selling the G8 and getting a practical gas sipping car with modern technology. I really should put the G8 on the stock tune during the winter, putting premium in there just to drive like an old lady in the snow is pointless. Not only does it get shitty mileage, but it also gets shitty mileage on expensive gas.

My wife and I have also considered moving to Florida in the next three years or so. If we did, I would definitely dump the G8 as there won’t be a need for it really.

Where in FL? :noes:

one crazy idea out of many is buying/chartering a catamaran and living in clearwater beach :rofl:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The way I see it is that we'd be swapping 3-4 months of cold shitty weather for 3-4 months of hot shitty weather. It wouldn't be a bad idea to rent for a year before committing to purchasing a home.

But likely we'd just move in with her sister until we both got jobs and established. They just bought a 3k sq ft house that would accommodate two small families.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info