Illinois Front License Plate Law Bill 4888 change!!!!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It was out by Eagle's house too. We were coming back from vaction...had like 4 or 5 of us in the truck...PACKED with shit. Driving through town maybe 5 minutes from Dans house. I pass a cop GOING THE OPPOSITE FUCKING DIRECTION. Just as I'm about to turn into Dans neighborhood, he comes hauling up behind me. Knowing I wasnt speeding, I had no idea why I was now getting pulled over.

Dude tells me its for no front plate :rofl:

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
It was out by Eagle's house too. We were coming back from vaction...had like 4 or 5 of us in the truck...PACKED with shit. Driving through town maybe 5 minutes from Dans house. I pass a cop GOING THE OPPOSITE FUCKING DIRECTION. Just as I'm about to turn into Dans neighborhood, he comes hauling up behind me. Knowing I wasnt speeding, I had no idea why I was now getting pulled over.

I was about to say it depends on what you're driving, but this sort of disproves that :rofl:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
ohare will bang you for it. i use the tow hook and a magnet and put mine up temporarily when i'm parking there cuz them fockers.

478258_10100917008315089_749717027_o.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Yeah I have a temp front plate holder my uncle fabbed up for me when I park in the city with the 300zx. On my Mazda3 I bought the tow hook mount so they didn't put any holes in my bumper. In chicago I guess they can see you and send you a ticket in the mail as some people got that. Meter maids hit you for it all the time same with tint.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Yeah I have a temp front plate holder my uncle fabbed up for me when I park in the city with the 300zx. On my Mazda3 I bought the tow hook mount so they didn't put any holes in my bumper. In chicago I guess they can see you and send you a ticket in the mail as some people got that. Meter maids hit you for it all the time same with tint.

tint ticket shouldnt very hard to fight of they meter maid can't measure the darkness tho right?

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I haven't had a front plate on any of my vehicles and never get pulled over for it. I don't know if it's because it's a BMW but I've never had an issue. I figured if I got pulled over for it I'd just say that someone stole the plate because it's funny (LOLZ).
I do think that a lot of cops will let you slide based on the car. I've never been stopped for it in my 3000, but as soon as I'm out in the TGP, I get nagged about it.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
i dont run a front plate on any of my cars because if im doing something stupid and get pulled over the cop usually gives me a front plate ticket instead of whatever i was doing and i just pay the fine... im ok with that

fuck chicago tint tickets by mail and Fuck ohare airport!! i got a ticket in the parking lot for no front plate!!

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

Let me guess.....bull valley?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Usually it's because they're (the drivers) being idiots. You have to catch the cops attention for him to pull you over for that, at least during normal people hours. Once you get into the late evening and early morning, when they inevitably have nothing to do, you'll get pulled over for pretty much anything. Out here, with napervlle, Oswego, yorkville, etc, they pull you over for ANYTHING if it's around bar closing time. I was pulled over b/c my license plate light wasn't bright enough, they didn't give a shit about it, they wanted that DUI.

NOPE.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info