Illinois Front License Plate Law Bill 4888 change!!!!

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
for a state in desperate need of money, $800K a year is a no brainer. State police laser guns will still work. I-pass cameras can read the rear plate. Red light cameras can read the rear plate. And last time I checked when people try to run from the cops, they go forward not in reverse. 19 states have operated fine without them.

They are running out of excuses.

Yeah but then they have to aim a lot better to hit our headlights instead of the huge reflective plate. I swear this is the only reason why they have it.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Yup, no change yet. Sorry folks.
Code:
    (625 ILCS 5/3-413) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 3-413) 
    Sec. 3-413. Display of registration plates, registration stickers, and drive-
away permits; registration plate covers.
    (a) Registration plates issued for a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle, 
trailer, semitrailer, truck-tractor, apportioned bus, or apportioned truck shall 
be attached thereto, one in the front and one in the rear. The registration 
plate issued for a motorcycle, trailer or semitrailer required to be registered 
hereunder and any apportionment plate issued to a bus under the provisions 
of this Code shall be attached to the rear thereof. The registration plate 
issued for a truck-tractor or an apportioned truck required to be registered 
hereunder shall be attached to the front thereof.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I really hope they pass this soon. I'm tired of getting tickets when I park the Evo in the City :(
Do what my buddy does with his Camaro and just hang one from the front somewhere non-permanent when you go into the city. That, or get one of those nifty brackets that slides out and up from underneath the front bumper for the plate.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I haven't had a front plate on any of my vehicles and never get pulled over for it. I don't know if it's because it's a BMW but I've never had an issue. I figured if I got pulled over for it I'd just say that someone stole the plate because it's funny (LOLZ).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info