Illinois Front License Plate Law Bill 4888 change!!!!

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
i had my front plate on my air damn on the t/a, can barely see it, but its in the front, never was pulled over

At least in my area the cops could care less if your running a front plate, but it's just an excuse to pull you over if they have pc that your driving drunk or other things lol. The handful of cops I talk to and know could careless.

Now be mindful kag, in the state of Illinois your front plate must be clearly visible and higher than 5" from the road surface to the bottom of the plate...
Another lame illinois law... I hate Illinois :picard:

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
I don't understand how ending front license plates saves the state money. Last I checked, I'm the one who's paying hundreds to get new plates on a car, not IL. What else is involved that I'm not thinking about?

I lasted about four years and three cars into driving or so until I eventually got pulled over and ticketed for no front plate in Lombard. If I didn't already have the holes in my bumper, I'd probably try the 3M tape on it. I wouldn't put it under the bumper like people do on their F-body's all the time. The right cop in the right place will give you the same ticket as if you didn't have it at all.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Ugh... that's gay. I've always ran a front plate on my DD's because they usually had a recessed spot in the bumpers for them anyways, but never ran one on my formula, BMW's, Alfa Romeo, or other performance cars because I truely do hate the look of them... I never ran one on my jeep because the front bumper is metal, and I never felt motivated enough to drill into the metal for screw holes ( yes i know, self tapping screws, lol) but... My new sierra has a recess in the front bumper for a plate, and IMO would look dumb without it, on top of that, I park on city streets every day and they WILL ticket you for that shit.

I have tinted plate covers front and rear (yes IK they're illegal... never been given a hard time for them) that make the plates blend in quite well with the black plastic on the front.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
I have tinted plate covers front and rear (yes IK they're illegal... never been given a hard time for them) that make the plates blend in quite well with the black plastic on the front.

I had Monee pull me over for them.

"Where's your front plate?" *me thinking I might have scraped it off on a curb* "It was on there last I checked..." get out of the car just to confirm if it slid out, bracket broke off whatever; everything was there, bracket, plate, and cover in perfect condition "Um, officer, my plate is right there." "Oh, well I couldn't see it because of the plate cover." :squint:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
lol... idiot cop. I got pulled over in my jeep last week at like... 3am. I was just driving it to stretch its legs because it just sits now unless I have to go out on a job and need my tools. Anyways, was on my way to get gas in the damn thing and got pulled over... Cop was cool, I showed him the plate.. keep it between ctr. counsle and seat to show I have it... I have recently been using the excuse that it was knocked off during the blizzard and I have to re tap the holes to get it back on there. They have always been nice about it and let me off.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
for a state in desperate need of money, $800K a year is a no brainer. State police laser guns will still work. I-pass cameras can read the rear plate. Red light cameras can read the rear plate. And last time I checked when people try to run from the cops, they go forward not in reverse. 19 states have operated fine without them.

They are running out of excuses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info