How to prevent trailer sag.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Either your springs are worn or the autoride trucks had softer springs in them. My Tahoe doesn't sag much with my enclosed trailer if it's loaded correctly. However I usually go hog wild on tongue weight due to the items I'm loading on my trailers so it becomes an issue.

I can't pull my open with it anymore now that the welder is mounted up front, I docked myself in my driveway when the tongue jack decided it wanted to make a landing on the driveway.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Read the original post. My dad has the same fucking truck. His does not sag towing the same boat.

does your dad have an air ride truck where the air ride bits were removed as well?

forgive my ignorance on toon trailers, i was not sure if they made them with different axel configurations to help spread the load. and with buying a different one you could recoup cost by selling yours. IF THAT WAS AN OPTION. if its not then pass it off like you have all the other options. but don’t :rollpicard: me.

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
A load leveling hitch is another option.

towing-weight-distribution-1.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
This! A load leveling hitch will take care of that no problem. Plus it won't hurt your ride quality when you're not towing.
These are wonderful, and it adds stability in the ride. Less trailer sway.
[MENTION=16]PANDA[/MENTION] my dad has used these since the 80s at least and he's never had an issue. And what I use every tow I do. Even for helping [MENTION=1909]utryd2[/MENTION]. Now you could still add bags as a helper and it will help take load up some of the load. Worst part about the pontoon trailer is it's weight distribution. It is very front heavy

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Sounds like $100 bags is the option. I probably will say no to a compressor. I have a portable wireless air compressor anyway to fill them up.

Should probably replace the springs anyway. Or maybe just bit the bullet and replace the springs only and see if that solves the issue since my dads Tahoe doesn't sag.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info