Hey. You can get Scat Pack Chargers for under 35k.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
We have a difference of opinion then. I praised that interior in 2011 when they first came out with it but it's 6 years old now and it shows. It also has nothing to do with being a 35k car. There are plenty of 35K cars with nice interiors. The Dodge just has a meh interior that's fallen behind the times. And the other half of the equation is how it feels. Go sit in one. They're not horrible, especially when you consider they're 2011 vintage but they just aren't up with the times. Interiors, even in mid-level cars, are nicer than ever.

MKZ
6e10c3e784a425361fcb87646fd45308x.jpg

Impala
ximm

Mercedes CLA
2017-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-interior-02.jpg

The only car the Charger would likely be cross shopped with out of those interiors you posted would probably be the Impala, and I'm sorry, but I think the Charger interior looks better. IMO comparing the Charger to a Mercedes or a Lincoln is a little silly.

Also, you're getting a lot for your money in terms of performance with a Scat Pack Charger which factors into the equation for guys that dont hang out in coffee shops. An SP Charger will absolutely blow the doors off all the cars listed, but hey, at the next light the Merc driver can roll his window down and tell the Charger driver his interior is a little nicer...lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my buddy and i were talking about this yesterday, which is how i found the $35k scatpacks- for 35k- new- what sedan are you getting?

there's a few new 15/16 chevy SS's out there for 37-39k... so that's close but not as cheap as this.

another thing id be really interested in, is 8 speed hemi chrysler 300's.

i really like how the 300s's look.... and i like comfy things.

and they run 13.5-13.8's stock from what i've seen. which is neat.

$30k for this. a lot of car for the money IMO.

ed710762ad0edbb0fc303482b97.jpg

e75b49c0a4394fb54ea6aba6c6f.jpg

c81ea301d02f89d5c9ef15f10d1.jpg

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/684850253/overview/

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
my buddy and i were talking about this yesterday, which is how i found the $35k scatpacks- for 35k- new- what sedan are you getting?

there's a few new 15/16 chevy SS's out there for 37-39k... so that's close but not as cheap as this.

another thing id be really interested in, is 8 speed hemi chrysler 300's.

i really like how the 300s's look.... and i like comfy things.

and they run 13.5-13.8's stock from what i've seen. which is neat.

$30k for this. a lot of car for the money IMO.

ed710762ad0edbb0fc303482b97.jpg

e75b49c0a4394fb54ea6aba6c6f.jpg

c81ea301d02f89d5c9ef15f10d1.jpg

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/684850253/overview/

Broseph, seriously, I get you. :nutz:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I want to like those, but I don't.

Maybe I should drive one and then love one and do something completely financially irresponsible..?

I'm not a huge fan of white cars to begin with normally, and I think in other colors the SRT Jeeps lack the contrast that makes them stand out as something special. Especially considering they basically all have Gunmetal or black wheels now.

The old ones had BIG CHROME spoked wheels and center exhaust that made it obvious it was something special, I don't feel its quite the same with the current gen. If I'm going to drop a significant amount of money on a car, I have to admit I'd want it to stand out... That's part of the reason why I like having a mustang; its identifiable (so its easy when filing a police report for one leaving a car meet), but they aren't ACTUALLY all that much money.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
We have a difference of opinion then. I praised that interior in 2011 when they first came out with it but it's 6 years old now and it shows. It also has nothing to do with being a 35k car. There are plenty of 35K cars with nice interiors. The Dodge just has a meh interior that's fallen behind the times. And the other half of the equation is how it feels. Go sit in one. They're not horrible, especially when you consider they're 2011 vintage but they just aren't up with the times. Interiors, even in mid-level cars, are nicer than ever.

MKZ
6e10c3e784a425361fcb87646fd45308x.jpg

Impala
ximm

Mercedes CLA
2017-Mercedes-Benz-CLA-interior-02.jpg

If they mirrored the Challenger interior they'd be on to something. I'm an interior/amenities snob as well and I was impressed with [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION]'s Chally. Granted, that might just be "impressed from what it used to be", but, regardless, I was impressed.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
:rofl: traffic. I put 100k on my Subaru in 5 years and sat in traffic twice a day. Zero fucks given. You must be the weakest person alive. Also multitasking is not harder in a manual car :rofl:

put 121k on my 2009 nissan, 58 mile round trip everyday
like a bauceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The only car the Charger would likely be cross shopped with out of those interiors you posted would probably be the Impala, and I'm sorry, but I think the Charger interior looks better. IMO comparing the Charger to a Mercedes or a Lincoln is a little silly.

Your original comment was:

Also, this is a Dodge Charger for crying out loud, not a 100k Mercedes.

As if to insinuate that because this is a 35k car and not a 100k Mercedes a subpar interior should be acceptable. My examples weren't meant as cars that people would cross-shop to the Charger. They were meant to show that you can get a nice interior at that price point and even much less than that.

Having driven both the Charger and Impala I can tell you the Impala's interior feels much nicer than the Charger's. The Charger's interior feels like someone at Chrysler got the memo that soft touch surfaces were all the rage and so they took their cheap plastic and plushed it up with a half inch of foam. :rofl:

Listen, I'm not hating on the car. I love that car. I love the 300's too. I think they're solid cars for the money. That said, I think the interior is really dated now. I guess we can agree to disagree.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
The old ones had BIG CHROME spoked wheels and center exhaust that made it obvious it was something special, I don't feel its quite the same with the current gen. If I'm going to drop a significant amount of money on a car, I have to admit I'd want it to stand out... That's part of the reason why I like having a mustang; its identifiable (so its easy when filing a police report for one leaving a car meet), but they aren't ACTUALLY all that much money.

Don't all mustangs look alike?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info