Hey. You can get Scat Pack Chargers for under 35k.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My 5.0 didn't. I had a base car. But yeah its my opinion. I was suffering. DDing that car took all the fun out of driving it for pleasure. I use to take the car out at night and rip around, and I stopped doing that because I was sick of driving it.

It was just the wrong car for me. Nowadays, I want loaded or nothing. The new car will have every option. I priced out these chargers and they are great value. I would need a white one with all the toys. Probably closer to $47k. Same with the challenger. I would prefer the challenger, but the charger would meet my space needs a little better. But I just cant wrap my mind around having a sedan as my fun car.

The 5.0 was that bad? I drove Marks and I found the clutch to be so effortless...that was in a new style tho so maybe its a bit different? Dunno.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I DD'd Manual cars from Lake Zurich to Downtown Chicago 6 days a week for three years as well as a bunch of driving around while I was down there during the work day, and then from Lake Zurich to West Chicago for another year or so... Never had any complaints. Again, different strokes, but, I'd be far more pissed if I was trying to have fun with an automatic car I wanted in manual vs. being pissed the one or two days a year traffic really blows and I'm in a stick shift car...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
But manual is slower, you'll never be fast :jerkit:

:rofl:

The driving manual in traffic excuse is so tired. The only time I've griped about it is with the Evo and thats in bumper to bumper. Otherwise, especially with modern cars, the clutch is so light and effortless, I dont even notice it.

But its always different strokes, and I understand that so I'm definitely not looking to pick a fight.

Also, not being able to use the phone or eat? Bro...come on :rofl: Dont all new cars have bluetooth?

agreed on all accounts.

beemer doesn't have bluetooth and i yackity yack on the phone

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I can get on board with this if I wasnt going to DD it. But in traffic every day, you will be singing a different tune. The last few weeks I had my 5.0, I DD'd it to work. By the end when I sold it, I wanted to break the stick off and jam it in my eye. The stop and go with the manual, plus not really being able to use the phone or eat while driving sucked big time.

Again these are DD problems, but Im not going to let my next car sit and save the miles for the next guy. Not at the hundreds of dollars per month its going to cost me to own it. Plus only really being able to drive it in summer, Im going to get my monies worth this time around.

The driving manual in traffic excuse is so tired. The only time I've griped about it is with the Evo and thats in bumper to bumper. Otherwise, especially with modern cars, the clutch is so light and effortless, I dont even notice it.

But its always different strokes, and I understand that so I'm definitely not looking to pick a fight.

Also, not being able to use the phone or eat? Bro...come on :rofl: Dont all new cars have bluetooth?

I drove from LITH to Naperville every day in the summer with my GT. 47 miles one way, 100mi a day round trip after visiting Megan. Not a single gripe about manuals in traffic. I even removed the helper spring from the clutch pedal so the clutch was even "heavier" than a bone stock manual GT.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
If I get bored with my auto I can always just shift it with the paddle shifters lol

:bowrofl:

I have had several cars with those, literally never use.

Those are my favorite part with the challenger/charger. They are very reactive and the trans acts on your input in 160ms I believe. They make all the difference. Plus when the car is in sport mode, the trans hits hard in every gear and also downshifts every gear with or without the paddles. I would use them almost every day.

Compare them to the 8 speed auto in the camaro or corvette. The paddles in those cars are just for suggesting gear changes to the car. Then if it wants to, it "gets around to it" on its own leisurely schedule. They are awful. Pull the paddle, take a smoke break, then the car will shift. GM needs to get on that.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
[MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] you gonna buy one of these things, or something, sometime soon, or just be an encyclopedia for newer domestic muscle & pony cars?

I knew a callout like this was coming.

Heres my plan. I wasnt ready to buy this year when all those deals for 20% where flying around. But they got me thinking. I missed those deals on the 2016 cars, but if I wait until the end of summer 2017, maybe I can get a 2017 for those same deals. Dodge even jumped on the 20% off band wagon.

So since I've waited all this time already, I can stand another summer without a car and come the end of august, I will try to find a deal on a 2017. And if those 20% deals dont exist anymore, then I will just pull the trigger anyway. Atleast I know I waited for the right deal.

Besides my wants/needs change as the wind changes direction. Last week I was convinced on getting a 6th gen camaro. Then this week I've been thinking about a 2018 mustang with this new magical 10 speed. Then there are all those older used cars like the 13/14 GT500s and who knows what the prices of the GT350s will be. I literally will be keeping my options open until the last minute before I pull the rip cord.

Either way though, the longer I wait, the more money I can put down too. So its a win-win. It just sucks to watch another summer go by without being able to participate in all the car activities that will be going down. Man I miss test and tune drag racing.

But yeah its going to happen this year, probably at the end of summer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info