GT350r's are hot garbage and yaj yak is a ford nutswinger

SMKE EM

Banned
Nov 9, 2016
NWI
It's not an unpopular opinion. Maybe here with everyone circle jerking each other. But plenty of car guys I know in person and online see the same thing.

They are direct competitors as they are in the same class, at basically the same price point.

Not sure why so much nut swinging for Ford. Mob mentality?

If it were the challenger that was faster around the ring I'd be pointing that out instead of the 1le.

However the 1le is the king od the three atm, so learn to accept the facts. Less cognitive dissonance plz.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
#40 on nurburgring vs #17

*a hair better*

So you'd pay the same money for a much more inferior car? Can't help you there.

A. It's not the same money, it's already talked about in here that it's 5k less. I know you say that's close enough, but I look at that 5k and see im over half way to a twin turbo kit for the GT350.

B. Much More Inferior on a track driven by a professional driver. This is the point we keep making, nobody on here is a professional driver that I'm aware of, so it comes down to personal preference. If I liked the looks and sound of the GT350R better then yes, I would "pay the same money" for the car that I wanted.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
first-twin-turbo-2016-mustang-shelby-gt350-is-an-800-hp-demon-110731_1.jpg

Hellion twin turbo GT350R... Only $5k more than the ZL1 1LE so it's close enough......

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In the interest of high-quality reportage, we of course relapped the ZL1 (as fate would have it, our white car is the same car in which Randy Pobst set the 1:26.12 mark in last January) and the Shelby. The first takeaway is that despite being way down on power and torque, the Shelby was only 0.39 second slower around Big Willow than the ZL1. That’s impressive but not surprising. Why not? At Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, the GT350R laid down a quicker lap than cars such as the Ferrari 458 Italia, various Nissan GT-Rs, Acura NSX, and Lexus LFA. I claim magic, though as Randy mentioned this time out, “I think that wing is doing something.”

:rofl:

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...l1-vs-2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-review/

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
You're aware that you're paying the same amount of money for an inferior car right? :s00ls:

lol I guess by his logic people who spend a million dollars on an old collectable car that comes nowhere near the performance of either of these is also crazy...

People don't seem to understand there are things other than performance that a car gets it's value from. I'd take a new GT350 over pretty much any GM product any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. The only GM vehicle i might consider over that is the high-end corvette.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This guy. hahahahaha

No one called the ZL1 garbage. I even praised the ZL1 1LE. Yet you call the GT350R garbage and say the Ford guys are nut swinging. :rofl:

The fact that you call them competitors shows you are out of touch with reality. You couldn't even admit the GT350 and 5G Z28 are closer competitors. Which is a much better comparison based on equipment. Price point or not. The Z28 wasn't all it could have been based on it's parts. But was a great performer none the less.

And you ignored my cooling question.

[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] move this post over to the new thread, please.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info