Frank's home buying adventures

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Honestly what I was thinking. I went from Lakewood to Great Lakes every day on 176. There are a couple slow downs but honestly it's not THAT bad. The time spent sitting in 176 traffic versus having to go south, take 90, and then come back north, you may as well just sit on 176 the whole way.

Might I also add, the huge hang up was at 176/Fairfield (east of Wauconda) when it was one lane both ways. It's now a huge 4 lane road in every direction so it will help alleviate that.

The hold ups on 176 are the clusterfuck of construction at 176/14 right now but they're widening it so that should alleviate a lot of it, Wauconda at the 12 underpass, and in Wauconda where Old Barrington Road starts/ends at 176. A lot of the slow downs have been alleviated with wider roads and different traffic patterns. The old 5-way at 176/31 used to be a fucking c u n t before they completely tore that shitshow apart and put 2 lanes in every direction with dedicated turn lanes.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
my buddy has a viking VI for that very thing.

yamaha-viking-vi-16_600x0w.jpg

that fucker barely squeeks by the width restriction :fyws:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
is crystal lake okay to rip through on 176 at traffic times too?

Surprisingly it's ok. I mean you get your normal day to day women and assholes but it's always moving. I don't think I've ever actually been dead stopped and had to wait on 176 like most rush hours. I think 14 is the more traveled route. 14 is a fucking clusterfuck during rush hour.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Didn't read the whole thread but those saying Wisconsin, depending on how much outlaw makes the state income tax will off set the property tax pretty quick 29k to 325k bracket 6.27% income tax, Illinois - 2.5%

How does that work though? Do I pay Illinois income tax and then a penalty to Wisconsin? It's not a double-dip AFAIK, but I know there's something owed to the state in which you reside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info